Chapter 34

Continuing

After getting home, Juan once more inspected me and soon sigh in relief after seeing that there is nothing wrong with me today.

After today's fiasco, Juan can only serve some simple dishes and went to sleep with me. It was indeed a troublesome thing like small snow getting rolled out and then turning into a giant ball of snow, the problems kept getting bigger at that time. It was also our first day, I think Teacher Ming would really be disappointed in us and even ignore us to avoid future problems.

But I cannot pass on that child's comment on me earlier, shout I'm ugly in front of everyone, hmph! I may have made a mountain out of a molehill on this one but I will never let anyone say that I'm ugly! I pride myself on my beautiful features!

Soon, the night turned into day and so Juan woke me up for school earning a whimper of refusal from me. She fished me out of my comfortable bed and pulled me up till we reached the bathroom.

"JuJu, here, wash your face so you can wake up" I splashed water on me and instantly felt alive though I still feel drowsy.

"Come on, let's get up or you'll be late at school!" She quickly gave a pair of son and forks to me and prepared a glass of Soybean Milk and Deep-Fried Dough Sticks.

I can only eat my meal before I was thrown into the shower and washed. Then I put on my uniform and then came out nice and neat earning a smile from Juan.

It's official, I hate school, I must speed things up so I can get Juan's happy ending, or else I would really have to experience being a kid all my life.

But I have to do this slowly, besides I already have a bad record to the teachers, speeding things up is not advisable. I need to take things slow and gradually reveal my 'giftedness' to everyone in a subtle mode.

With that, we walk towards the Wu family, we then met Butler Shao bowing in our direction. We returned a bow and went inside the estate, maids were busy cleaning the whole place as we walk to the living room.

"JuJu!"

I was greeted vigorously by none other than Xiao Ruo, I waved my hand at him and smiled. He Yan was inside but Wu Rong Heng is absent in the room, he must've en working so I didn't think much.

"Let's get the two of you to school, remember what I told you Ruo Ruo" He Yan said then left the room with keys in her hands.

Xiao Ruo blinked and held my hand then proceeds to whisper though it's not really called whispering.

"I'll protect you JuJu!"

"Okay, I'll trust my gege!"

The two of us held hands, Juan holding mine and soon we were off to the car. Both of us sat obediently, sometimes looking at the streets and sometimes having a chat with Juan and together.

We reached Nanling Daycare and I knew the battle isn't finished. Juan kisses my forehead amidst my annoyance while Xiao Ruo peppered He Yan's stoic face with kisses.

I took a big breath and walked inside, chin up and stomach tucked in, hoping that today no one would purposefully anger me again.

...

On the other hand, He Yan chatted with Juan inside the car. Her tone was lost and with a hint of frustration and sadness.

"I'm leaving Ruo Ruo to you. Butler Shao can handle the house's affair, you don't need to worry about anything just focus on Ruo Ruo and your child"

Juan looked at her in confusion, she blinked her eyes hazed with loss and she asked.

"Is something the matter Mrs. Wu?"

"I have to deal with work, I can't stay here for too long as well as my husband. I hope you can bring JuJu with you as well, the food and accommodation here won't affect your salary just... just make Ruo Ruo happy"

She, He Yan, as a mother has failed her son so many times she couldn't even count it on her fingers. She can only leave her child due to the responsibility that was assigned to her. The only downfall of it was that her son might feel that his family doesn't love him which is untrue.

She can only hope that Juan's kindness and JuJu's friendship with her son can at least alleviate the loss of familial love.

"I will" she solemnly swear, her heart reaches for Xiao Ruo and the Wu family. Even though they have never been close to one another before, just with their help they can now stand up and not live in muddy water anymore.

That's when she also realizes that a woman such as He Yan, strong-willed and powerful, can't even stay with her son for too long due to her responsibility.

***
Chapter 44 is up!

I have to review, ugh!!!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!