Chapter 47

Birthday

It's already been a week and I have now turned four. I don't remember much of what I experienced when I was four but I do vaguely remember the laughter coming out of me and the striking colors of decorations all across the room.

Juan was still there at that time, her bright clear eyes reflecting the joy behind it as we celebrate each of our birthdays.

It's been so long since I experience it with her after all I've lost my memory of her at that time and never really thought that Juan was left alone, celebrating her birthday without her family while I enjoy mine without the consciousness of her.

"What flavor do you like JuJu?"

We're currently inside a bakery shop, a whiff of the air inside and you'll feel your mouth salivating. It's an unconscious movement for a child especially seeing so many baked sweets, they'll go crazy. 

"Strawberry!" I shouted making Juan nodded, I remember it's also her favorite flavor.

Juan ordered a small strawberry that came with fresh strawberries along with a handwritten congratulatory message. 

"Here's your order ma'am, have a great day!"

"Thank you Jie Jie!" I exclaimed earning a smile from the cashier. Then we left the bakery shop and walked to our house with Juan holding my hand and the cake on the other.

She opened the door and I was soon urged by her to take a bath so that I can now wear the pink princess-style dress she bought for me a few days ago.

Fine, let's just get on with it after all it's her daughter's birthday and it's probably the first time they afforded to buy a cake and celebrated it with others.

Soon, I wore the pink princess-style dress and wore the tiara on my hair albeit a bit unhappy. I left the room and was about to run to the living room when she stopped me from going in.

"Mommy?"

"JuJu can't see it yet, it's still not done so let's get you to Xiao Ruo first okay?" I can only mod at her decision and was told to close my eyes.

I did what she said and was shipped off to an eager-looking Xiao Ruo who can't stop thinking of the birthday party.

"JuJu! Happy birthday to you!" He tried to choke me- no he just hugged me so tight I feel that this will be the last birthday for me.

"Young master, JuJu can't breathe, you have to be gentle" Butler Shao reminded him making him shout out in panic.

"I'm sorry JuJu!" I patted his back and whispered its alright before flashing a smile to Butler Shao.

"Thank you, Butler Shao"

"Your welcome JuJu and happy birthday to you too" I giggled and waved back at him before getting dragged away by Xiao Ruo.

We didn't do much, his parents were there and gave me a rose gold dove pendant and a jade ring which elated me. I thanked them a lot and they soon rushed in for their work. They can only come here for a few hours before their work required them to be present on it.

Soon, a car was seen in the driveway and it was that guy, Yu Han, Juan's friend in her childhood.

"Happy Birthday JuJu" he smiled and handed me a present.

"Can I open it now?" He nodded and I rip the cover off and saw a beautifully exquisite doll.

If I was a child then I would have shouted in glee but I'm not. I can only smile and take it from him and act as if I like it before he drove us to our house.

"JuJu! Are you excited now?" Xiao Ruo asked I think the most excited is you and not me, the birthday girl.

"I am!"

We turned to our house and opened the door, Xiao Ruo gasped and I heard everyone screaming at me in their high-pitched voices.

"Happy Birthday JuJu!"

They were all standing, forming a little circle with their best clothes clapping and screaming my name.

Countless pink and white balloons designed with the Disney palace were placed all across the room. A banner was hung at the end of the wall stating a happy birthday message in the form of a balloon. A variety of colors in the form of garlands strung above the ceiling was seen along with a table filled with princess-themed foods such as those long-style bread in the form of a magic wand and cupcakes with edible glitters on top.

The living room screams of girls and pinks though it does make me feel a bit girlish and not for my taste, I can vividly feel as well as see the care and love that Juan has for her daughter.

Sure they might not experience a lavish celebration before but it does not mean that she would slight her child when it comes to the moments that her child truly deserves to celebrate.

"Happy Birthday JuJu" Juan whispered before kissing my forehead.

JuJu, no matter where you are right now, your mother loves you. So much.

***
Chapter 47 is up!

I'm sleepy again though I slept at nine in the evening, ugh.

Anyways, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!