Chapter 22

Back

I was taken aback when all of a sudden, someone embraced me tightly and was about to scream when I heard a familiar voice. Though the woman behind me was sobbing, I already knew the person hugging me and so I turn towards her and put my hands to her neck.

"Mommy..... uuuhhhh... mommy!" I cried out loud, I don't know whether it was the dear that made me cry or the relief that I'm finally saved that made me do this but I cried.

I didn't care whether I'm Ju Lin or Ju Di, all I knew was that I needed comfort for what I had experienced.

"Good JuJu, mommy's here, JuJu doesn't need to be scared anymore, hm?" She wiped the tears from my face as I wipe hers as well.

My body is still shaking from the cry I did and I couldn't stop it, Juan carried me with her and put my head on her neck as she hums. I naturally closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness.

...

"Mommy!" A little boy ran towards a short-haired woman with his short legs.

The woman, He Yan, quickly made her way to her son and pick him up under his arms. The calm in her face broke when she saw the obvious fear in her son's eyes.

He, Ruo Xiu, never feared the fact that he's always being fooled by someone. Her son was a naive child, she knew that the moment she and her husband as well as the entire family decided to hide the ugliness of the world from him.

They protected him, gave him everything, and taught him to be kind and generous. He has never experienced such cruelty and has always been loved and doted by everyone.

It's their fault, Ruo Ruo wasn't a healthy child when he was born and that lead her to think that he's a fragile being and must need them 24/7.

With this experience, she had decided to let her child see the world, whether the world was a cruel or loving one.

"Don't worry, mommy and daddy will protect you and after this, we'll teach you how to fight okay?" She caressed her child's head and soothed him of his fears inside the car.

"Okay" he muttered softly earning her a sigh out from her.

She signaled to the driver and was about to leave the place when all of a sudden, Ruo Xiu was awoken by his short slumber.

"Where's JuJu?"

"Who is JuJu?" He Yan asked in confusion and then her mind went back to the small little girl holding her child's hand.

She forgot about the fact that her child wasn't the only person who was taken. She then remembered the fragile figure of someone, it was Juan, her eyes would always glaze in tears when she mentions her daughter.

"JuJu is my friend! She's been with me in the car!" He shouted agitated, she then helps him out of the car and proceeds to look for a familiar figure.

"Ruo Ruo, it looks like JuJu left"

"No! I want to see JuJu! Mommy please!" He burst into tears making He Yan distressed.

"We'll look for JuJu tomorrow okay? JuJu also needs to sleep as well as you" she pointed at her son's nose making him crinkle his nose.

"We'll go see JuJu tomorrow? You promise mom?" He Yan kissed his cheeks and nodded solemnly.

"Mommy promise now let's get you to sleep okay?"

The little boy, although tired and frightened from what he experiences hours ago finally smiled. He took his mother's hand and step inside the car and closed his eyes, smiling as if he had finally seen his friend, JuJu.

***
Chapter 22 is up!

They're finally saved! Yey!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and be healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!