Chapter 7

Work

After I washed my face, I went out and sat on the stool prepared for me, Juan was already sitting across me. She then handed me a spoon and picked two pieces of siomai and put it on top of my rice.

If it was the former me, I would have walked away the moment I see this cheap-looking siomai in front of me. I have a delicate bearing, the food that I eat is all exquisitely made just for me.

Now, I have been reduced to eat this.

"JuJu, what's wrong?"

"Nothing!" I forced a smile on my face and picked up a spoonful of rice together with the siomai.

Although my body isn't as delicate as it was before, my consciousness still plays a part in making me puke the food out.

"JuJu!" I heard the scraping of the chair before I was taken in her embrace.

It does not taste like the one I'm used to!

"JuJu! Is something wrong with the food? Does it taste bad- no, I've already tasted it, the expiry date is still a few days left. JuJu, are you okay?"

"Wa... cough... Water" I wheezed out and the brim of the glass was soon placed in my lips.

I drank the water and gulp everything before breathing out loud. Thank goodness the taste of the horrible siomai was gone!

"Are you okay now JuJu?" She still seems panicked and I can see the worry in her eyes.

"JuJu's fine mommy but I want corn porridge, please?" I widen my eyes and sell meng towards her.

She sighed in distress and rubbed my head, my eyes are still looking at her making it slightly teary.

"Mommy?" Why isn't she answering? Does she think that I'm a spoiled and bratty kid? Well, I am!

"I'll cook you one now okay? Just sit there and behave" she went to the kitchen and opened the cupboard.

I happened to see the sight inside it, there was no more food left, even the salt and pepper was lacking.

Goodness, I think we'll starve to death at this point.

On the other hand, Juan looked at the remaining food in the cupboard, there's not much left and she still hasn't gone to her work.

At the time where JuJu was in the hospital, she asked for a two-month pay from her boss in the hot pot restaurant. Now, it looks like she needs to get another job soon but who will watch JuJu?

She deeply feels troubled at it and was jolted awake when JuJu called her name making her look back.

"Yes, JuJu?" She raised her brows and waited for her answer.

"Let's just eat this mommy, JuJu's fine now! Look! I'm strong!" She flexed her so-called muscles in front of her mother making Juan burst into laughter.

"No, mommy will cook your favorite-"

"No mommy! JuJu's fine now, I really am!" She even jumped out as if to let her see that she's now fine.

What she didn't know is that her little princess has submitted defeat, but inky for now. The kind of princess she is, even if she's submerged in mud, she will always be showed with luxury later.

She can only sigh and put the ingredients back inside, her heart dripping in blood seeing the right of her daughter forcing her to eat the food she didn't like.

She also wishes to pamper her child, give her what she likes, and be able to spend money without worries about the month's rent and electricity.

The two of them continues to eat, as she washed the dishes, her mind was conjuring up plans for their future.

JuJu's already three, in two years she'll be five and would need to attend kindergarten. For that, she needs to stack on money, she wanted to let her children experience what she didn't get to enjoy.

"JuJu, mommy will go to work soon, will you be alright with just by yourself? You don't need to worry about food, mommy will bring you food in her mealtime"

In her head, she expected her child to go into a tantrum and feel abandoned but what she did not expect is the enthusiasm glowing off her daughter's eyes

"Don't worry mommy! JuJu will behave at home!"

The words of comfort were stuck in her throat leaving her to feel a bit more awkward and strange. Even so, she smiled and finally resolve her problem.

***
Chapter 7 is up!

Will our little princess survive on her own? Will she meet someone? Or not?

Anyways, have a great day everyone, and stay safe!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!