Chapter 87

Result

Ju Yi was swift in his actions and just a week, the investigator he paid brought back the news he and Juan have been waiting for.

He took the documents and placed them on the table, Juan's eyes were in a daze as she looks up at him revealing her confused and lost state.

"It's here" he gently pushed the stack of reports accumulated in a week of searching in her direction.

He watched her take it with hesitant moves, her eyes gazing complicated at the report before she looked at him.

It was then he remembered in their old days, she would always look at him whenever she feels vulnerable and wanted his silent figure to be in her side.

So he did, he sat close to her, nodded, and gave a small smile to encourage her. She then took a deep breath and opened the folder, her eyes bright with curiosity and fear.

She read the summary of the report, her eyes glazing in tears and soon it fell on her cheeks. He clenched his hand on a fist, he waited for her to take his hands and she did.

He let her hold his hand as she remained motionless, reading the same paper over and over and silently holding back her sobs.

"They..." She opened her mouth for the first time, her lips trembling as she looked at him with those pure clear eyes and continued. "They searched f-for me... I wasn't a-abandoned"

She drops the paper on the table and covered her face with her hands and cried. For a long time, his heart was clenching painfully as he watched her cry of relief, he was a bit envious but then he felt relieved that her parents wanted her.

They continue to search for her, she wasn't abandoned and they certainly love her.

That was one of the greatest moments that happened to him besides knowing she was alive and that they have a child together.

He would rather take all the pain and suffering on their life rather than for them to experience it.

She has finally stopped crying he thought, her eyes were like walnuts and her nose red like Rudolph. He chuckled slightly at her embarrassed self and stood up to get a clean towel.

He submerged it into cold water first and then pressed it gently into her face making her flinch at first.

"I don't need-"

"JuJu will worry if she sees you crying, maybe she'll even say it was my fault for bullying you" he answered back and continued his actions.

Her ears turn red, he wanted to laugh so bad but he knew that she'll surely get angry at him so he just thought of his growing projects and documents he needed to sign for his company.

Silence ensued at that moment. The sound of the aircon buzzing, their breaths intertwining, and the slight rustle from his movements were the only sound in the room.

"So, what do you want to do?" He broke the silence and looked at her.

"Go to them" she answered frankly, her eyes were bright and the gloom between her brows vanished.

"We'll do what you say" he smiled and caressed her head with fondness in his eyes.

There was a strange energy in the air, her clear eyes met his fond and passionate ones. Her heartbeat raced and she could hear it beating loudly in her chest and soon, she was in a daze looking at him like a human being enchanted by a fairy.

She knew in her heart that she still has feelings for him, it never faded but it has only lessened as years pass by. It intensified every moment she sees the love in his eyes and the caring moments and memories he made together with their child.

He was a rogue, always acting like a baby when he wanted her attention and becoming a responsible and reliable man when she needed some bit of help.

He's a great father to their child, loving JuJu unconditionally and giving her the best of everything.

But she was still scared and unable to let go of the pain and misery that she experienced in the past. Like a thin stuck in her throat, every time she spoke of it she can't help but gasp in pain.

With her mind flying, she didn't realize how close their faces were, just inches apart and they would kiss.

Just when their lips were about to touch, the door was opened and they both jump, their heart racing as if they were caught by the headteacher for puppy love.

"Mommy, daddy what are you doing?"

***
Chapter 87 is up!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!