Chapter 50

Memories

She is the light in his life.

She is the only person to ever took root in his dreary and miserable life. Her existence alone gives much meaning to his abandoned life where every day, he feels he can live one more day just to be with her.

His shelter was the orphanage alone, his parents discarded him in a deserted alleyway which was told to him by one of the workers in the or orphanage. All his life, all he has known was that miserable place they call home.

He's been surviving in that hell hole for eight years, just living in that place like a dead man. He has already succumbed to the misery that was given to them, no love and care for those young hearts.

Until she came.

She was like any other child but much more pretty and healthy than them though it did not last. She was weak and timid at first but then climb her way to survive.

He took her sight twenty-four hours a day, she was fascinating for him but he never took the initiative to talk to her. All he has known is pain and hopelessness. No one has treated them with such love and care that they grew numb to those feelings.

But then she gave him an apple, it was that day when he was surrounded by another gang that was formed in the orphanage and was being beaten up. It's a normal situation to happen once a child got themselves rich with food or money from work.

"What? Want to get something from me? He, just punch me" he spits, his eyes burning from pain and the blood in his lips staining his taste.

"Here"

With his darkening sight, he saw an angel looming down with a bright red apple in her hand. Her smile was sweet like those candies he once tasted, eyes clear from the darkness the world held from them and he accepted her rare kindness for he was weak.

Too weak to know that not only his eyes were captured by her beauty but also his heart.

At that time, he avoided like like a plague, not wanting to see her figure for his heart would jump like crazy. He doesn't want to feel anything except numbness and pain, it was a terrifying experience for him.

But she was in his sight, everywhere he goes, and even if his eyes were closed, she would come in his sight.

Maybe it was because he has tasted kindness and therefore longer to taste it once more.

He then accepted his emotions, he didn't reject her existence anymore and that was the start of his doom.

They live their lives depending on one another, bestowing one with care and the other with protection. They were like the only person in the world, when they're together no one can stop them.

They lived like that for years until he fell something for her, with his eyes always wandering to her and how soft his gaze was upon her.

He was changing.

That boy who rejected love and kindness chased the girl who embodies those two emotions.

They fell in love, he was madly in love with her, his life would never remain the same if it wasn't for her. She is her compass, the only person that he would thank the heavens for and the person he wanted to be with for the rest of his life.

But then their joy was shattered the moment his biological relatives or what society calls them parents came into the picture.

He was taken away against his will to become their puppet. He tried to resist but he has long forgotten that the law isn't working against those in power.

He promised her, gave the oath to continue their life but it was all for naught.

The days turned to months till months turned to year's and then she was gone. The orphanage they lived on was flooded and everyone inside died.

She was there.

She died.

There is no more life and only the changing time for him.

But that changes the moment she saw her, alive and breathing, standing in the picture with her eyes so clear and beautiful like the first time he sees her.

He'll come back and start life all over again with her.

And this time, no one will dare to force them to separate from each other.

***
Chapter 50 is up!

Now y'all know their journey in the orphanage! I hope this kind of answers like everything? Hahaha

Anyway, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!