Chapter 60

Dreams

Ju Yi and Juan, both of their first characters sound the same, both were abandoned in the orphanage and met like the fates dictated us to be.

Once he dreamt of the future, of her cooking in the kitchen or doing her work as a nurse like she's always great of, me returning from an exhausting day from work and getting a kiss on the cheek from her, and then we will see our child, JuJu.

JuJu, taken from both of our names, a name that we both created for our future child.

Now, hearing it come from her lips, a name that he can only dream of, just a remnant of their desired future. It was like he was shot in the heart, his eyes already tearing up as he tried to hold the cry from coming off his lips.

He waited for the door to open, even he knew that if he was in her position he wouldn't open the door and won't accept him anymore.

"Juan, please" he couldn't stand the wait and pleaded for her. He dreaded her answer but at the same time wanted for her to answer, even if it's just a hum.

The wait felt like forever, time seems to stretch and all he could feel is his heart breaking into pieces.

Then the door opened, it felt like a light came to his eyes again washing away the gloom and darkness that has been submerging his head.

"J-Juan" his eyes hurt, his lips bleed from his continuous biting, and watch her as she looks at him with those clear familiar eyes.

She looks coldly at him then steps back to create a space on the door so that he can come in. He rose from his stand and walked into her house.

She didn't look at him anymore after that, she returns to her kitchen as he savors his moment to watch her. It was like the calm before the storm and he's a bot to face it head-on.

No matter what happens, he will not give up.

...

Foolish.

For her to let him come into her home, to let him stay steps away from him, and to even open the door for him. She must have gone crazy today.

When her eyes first met his, she fell into a panic and confusion. She grew anxious and fearful, her thoughts in a mess as she thought of his appearance here.

When JuJu called out to her, she knew she couldn't let him see her. JuJu is her only family, she will never let anyone take JuJu away from her.

As she fell into a countless loop of confusion and a myriad of emotions, she eventually listened to what her heart felt.

To open the door so she can ask, something she'll only dream of in the past has now come into her reality.

She wanted closure and possibly wanted an answer for her endless questions plaguing her mind for the past five years.

She doesn't want to fall into a loop of pain and hopelessness anymore. She has JuJu, she couldn't possibly drag her down due to her selfishness and anger.

She's a mother and a mother only does things that are best for their child even if those decisions don't match their personality. Matters such as consequences and emotions don't make a difference to them, just seeing their child happy and healthy amounts to riches and fame.

Just this time, she will ask and if he came to know of JuJu's existence then she will give him the time and effort to make relations to her child.

JuJu isn't just her child, it's also his child and she couldn't deprive him of his rights even if she felt furious and unhappy at his decision.

With that in mind, she returns to her living room and faced him, to loosen the knot in her heart and also to get her answers.

***
Chapter 60 is up!

Exams again, ugh.

Stay safe and healthy everyone! Have a great day!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!