Chapter 11

Found

A couple of minutes had passed and soon, I heard the door opening made me stood up and ran towards the person I was waiting for.

"Ju-mommy! You're back!"

I hug her even though I can only reach her waist, she patted my head and took me to the table.

"How is our JuJu? Did you have fun today? Mommy is sorry that she couldn't play with you today" she said as she continued her way to the kitchen and opened the microwave.

"I had fun!"

Yeah right, I was almost taken by a human trafficker, helped a kid, faced slap a maid-looking woman, and got entangled with a naive dog so yeah. I think I had fun.

Of course, I wouldn't say that, or else I want myself to never step out of the door again.

"That's great, well, let's fill your stomach first" she took out a bowl of wonton soup she bought from the nearby wonton shop and placed it in front of me.

I look at the wonton soup, although it was brought from a cheap wonton store and more likely was made hours ago, the smell was really appetizing and is enough for me to salivate. Let's just wish that I don't throw up again or else I'll become skin and bones.

I scoop a piece and bring it to my mouth before blowing it and finally, my mouth burst into the flavor. First, you bite through the thin soft skin of the wonton then you taste the porkiness from the meat mixed with the aromatic spices, and then warms your chest with its simple and tasty dish.

I didn't see the relief from Juan's eyes and continued to eat, it's been so long since I've eaten a dish that I like. I'm afraid in the following days, I'll have to compensate my body with water again.

After a very filling lunch, I look at Juan and see the dust-covered shirt and the happiness in her eyes. It seems like she had finally found a job, that's great. It will leave me more time to study this world and find him.

Ha, I never really thought that I'll find him again.

After all these years, the last time I saw him was... aye, I won't say anymore. It still hurts, even though it's just a throb of pain in my chest, it still hurts.

But for now, I have to forget the past and face the present, the future is known to me but it's been so long, I've forgotten some of it deliberately.

"Are you happy mommy?" I can't ask if she's found a job already, I don't think a three-year-old will worry about that so I can only ask the reason for her happiness.

"Yes, mommy is happy JuJu!" She took me in her embrace and hugged me tight, her voice tinge in obvious delight. "Mommy finally found a job but will JuJu be okay?"

Oh, I forgot, I'm still a three-year-old child here. I'm not supposed to be alone and without adult supervision, ugh!

"I'll stay with Grandma Ye!" I suggested but she smiles wearily at me.

"We can't always trouble Grandma Ye"

So what do you say? What should we do then? I mean I can perfectly manage myself but of course, you won't believe it, I mean who would?

I heard her sigh and said "I'll take you to Grandma Ye in the morning and pay her then in the afternoon, I'll take you to the hot pot restaurant"

So does it mean that I'll be left alone in the morning? Great! I still have some time alone to do things and observe this world!

I should really find him now after a week of observation then.

"Okay! JuJu will listen to mommy!" She rubbed my head and kissed my forehead before urging me to sleep after all she would go to the hot pot restaurant in three hours.

As soon as I lay my head on the soft mattress, my eyelids began to feel heavy, and soon, I was off to dreamland.

***
Chapter 11 is up!

Tomorrow, we'll get to see JuJu with different people and we'll see how she manages to anger them to death and at the same time dote on her.

That's it everyone, stay safe and healthy! Have a great day!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!