Chapter 13: The long trails

On top of the canyon of blood gulch we see Simmons working on something on the turrets systems as he was on his knees and working on with the system.

Landon claims up with a ladder and once atop heels Simmons working on with the turrets as he walks over to him and asked.

Landon: What on earth are you doing?

Simmon: Oh I've noticed the target system within your turrets was gliching out so I'm just here to fix that.

Landon: (surprised) Really? I haven't noticed any glitches?

Simmons: I see why when I first look at it but after going down some data work and system check ups, I see it has been glinting out. And here, all fixed give it a try.

Landon: Alright.

Landon grabs a frisbee and throws it into the air. Without a second later the turrets fired at the frisbee and blow it up out of the sky.

Landon: (surprised) Whoa that's fast. Your pretty good with high tech.

Simmons: Thanks it's good to have someone to be impressed of my work.

Landon: Really, what about your team?

Simmons: They never show respect to me. They mostly mock me or just call me a kiss ass.

Landon: You've also been called a kiss ass a lot?

Simmons: Yeah which is annoying and.....wait where you also been called a kiss ass a lot?

Landon: Yep ever since I was a private I've shown extreme loyalty to my commanders and follow their order. My squad call me a kiss ass a lot but they get karma when I got promoted to be Sargent of the ODST of my squad.

Simmons: Seriously?

Landon: That's right. Hey, we both maybe the same since how we have been treated but here's some advice for you. Never let your squad hold you back especially your Sargent. They may look down at you as a kiss ass but soon your life will reward you one day.

Simmons: You think so?

Landon: Trust me Simmons. One day you get the price you deserve like me.

Simmons: Whoa thanks man, I-I don't know what to say.

Landon: Don't worry man we both need to stick together in times like these.

Simmons: Yeah your right.

Simmons and Landon starts to get along as they chatted at the cliffs while we cut to Cali as she is connecting Y/n to see what's happing in their end. When Y/n answer he told her what's happening.

Cali: There is a splinter Covenant faction being made?

Y/n: (come) Yeah apparently this "Angel of the ring" told the about what their doing is all lies and long story short Tuckers sword is this ancient weapon that will reveal to this new great journey.

Cali: Sounds bullshit.

Y/n: (coms) Same but still we are discussing on what to do about this new information. How is things at your end?

Cali: Good turns out that distress signal was actually a false alrem but everyone is alright.

Y/n: (coms) Right. We'll join you after we made on a discussion on what to do with the problem in our end.

Cali: Roger that and Y/n.

Y/n: Yeah?

Cali: Be safe.