Chapter 55: Is there any survivors?

Carolina, Washington, South, Maine and Ash are seen making their way through the open landscape on their Warthog as they search for any UNSC survivors so they can take them to their base.

Carolina is seen driving the Warthog with Church inside her helmet to help her guide her through the open landscape, Washington sits on the passenger seat and listening to some music through his helmet, Maine is on the Warthog's turret as he scans around for any Covenant coming towards them while South and Ash sat down with Maine as they look at the world around them.

South: You know I always wish to be in a apocalypse when I was a teenager.

Ash: You don't say?

South: Yeah. Just the thrill of being in a world that is dying and fighting to survive seems pretty exiting.

Carolina: Well how do you feel about it right now?

South: Well less thrill since we've lost so much.

Maine: I know what you feel. We could have done better to stop the Covenant from glassing Reach. Reach would have survived.

Ash: Even if we succeed the next round will get harder and some of us might not survive.

Maine: Guess your right. Still any ideas what happened to the other UNSC ships above the planet? You think some of them may have survived?

Carolina: I don't think so. Still I really wish there was a few survivors so we can-

Suddenly they got a set of coordinator which Carolina hits Washington by the shoulder which he snap back to reality and turns off his music.

Carolina: Time to go to work Wash.

Washington: You know I can hear you through the music.

Carolina: Whatever you say Wash. Church any ideas what these coordinations take us?

Church: Looks like an abandoned UNSC base. Seems like the base isn't not much abandoned.

Washington: Are they in trouble?

Church: I don't think so. Let me hack to their cameras and......yep looks like it. Huh....Well there's something you don't see everyday.

Carolina: What is it?

Church: We got some Spartans fighting against some UNSC marines at the other side od the gate.

Carolina: Wait? You mean Spartans vs Marines?

Ash: Why are they fighting each other?

Church: Well it seems that the Spartans are holding them back and not trying to harm them. Still we should help them out.

Carolina: Right. Hold tight everyone, this is about to be a rough ride.

And so Carolina increased the Warthog's speed and ridea odd to help out the Spartans against some rogue marines.

(Short while later)

They arrived to the location which they see marines at the other side of the gate as they continue to fire at the base with everything they got. Soon they drive up behind them and they gotten out and aimed their weapons at the rogue marines.

Carolina: Hands up in the air! Don't move!

The rogue marines turns to them and stare at them for a bit until they open fire at them which they get some cover behind the Warthog and seconds later they climb onto their Warthogs and ride off and soon they were gone.

They got out and watch them leave as Church appears on Carolina's shoulder as he tells her and the rest.

Church: Whoa what dickheads.