Chapter 43: Fight together, win together

Carolina and Church arrive to their location and they enter the planets atmosphere and make their landing within the forest. Once landed Carolina take out the mongoose that was within the Prowler and ride the Mongoose through the dirt road.

While riding by the two noticed many scrap metal from Covenant forces who were here until something happened and what's left now were crashed Phantoms, destroyed Ghost and Wraiths as they gone pass human building and finally arrive at the base. It was a large abandoned base and underneath it is where the Director is at as Carolina leave her Mongoose and Church scan the area within her helmet while Carolina make her way inside.

Church: Looks like everything is clear. What ever happened here must be a large battle or something else.

Carolina turn a corner and see many skeleton dead elites laying around as Carolina walk by them and noticed many Covenant weapons on the ground that looks like it hasn't been touched for a while.

She picks up a plasma rifle and sees it's still works along with another one so she takes two of them and make her way towards the metal door that the dead Covenant forces were trying to enter.

Carolina: Is this the place?

Church: Yeah. This is it.

Filss: Hello.

They look over to see a screen next to the metal door as Filss voice is heard following by the screen turning on.

Carolina: (surprised) Filss? Filss is that you?

Filss: Indeed. Unfortunately I must ask for you to leave. This is a restricted area and no one isn't allowed to-

Church appears as he tells Filss.

Church: It's fine Filss. Open the door for us.

Filss: Director? I thought you were already inside? Strange but of course, opening main door now.

The large metal door opens slowly as they turn to see it open. Once it was slightly open, Carolina make her way inside as the hallway lights turn on as the two go down through a long hallway.

After a while they exit out of the hallway and enter what looks like a storage area as she walks down the steps and see many Covenant, Freelancer and Forerunner technology as Carolina looks at them and wonder what was her father doing with all of them.

Carolina: What is all of this for Filss?

Filss: I can not say but what I can say is he has been collecting important technology throughout the human and Covenant war. Some of these technologies maybe able of time travel.

Carolina: (surprised) Time travel?

Filss: Maybe but I do not know for sure.

Church: So where was "I" before me and Carolina stumble here?

Filss: I believe my last record of you was at the testing room. I believe you were doing something in there.

Church: Take us there.

Filss: Gladly.

After a while of walking around and looking at all technology that the Director has, they reach to the door qs Filss unlocks it while Carolina asked Church.

Carolina: Ready?

Church: Kinda but let's end this.

The door open as Carolina enter the testing room and once there she stop and asked Church in a shocked tone.

Carolina: (shocked) Church.....what is this?

Church: He kept trying.........