Chapter 70: Outbreak

A group of Covenant forces lead by Rtas enter what seems like a research lab with the grunts and jackals going in first then the elites follow by Caboose, Tucker and Washington. They were pushed inside the room which was empty and there was no sign of their target anywhere.

Rtas turn to his two of his elites and order them in sandhill language which Caboose, Tucker and Washington was force to their knees by the elites behind them and Rtas and Arbiter approaches the trio.

Rtas: Where is the heretic leader?

Tucker: No idea. Trust us this place is new to us.

Rtas: If you do not tell us where the heretic leader is then you three will be silent.

Caboose: As in going to sleep?

Rtas:.........

Tucker: Just ignore him.

Washington: Why are youse even here for him?

Rtas: To kill him. He has betrayed the Holy Prophets and the great journey. Now siding with humans is going to make things worse for him then before.

Washington: That's because he's telling the truth. The Prophets are just lying to you all!

Tucker: Yeah the great journey is just bullshit. The only reason why the Prophets wanted to kill us humans is because they're racist.

Rtas: Silence! Your lies will not convince us.

Washington: Either way we won't tell you.

Things was about to get worse as Rtas nodes to his elites which they active their energy swords planning to kill them when Arbiter tells Rtas.

Arbiter: Wait. I believe they should be taking to High Charity and to the Prophets.

Rtas: Why is that?

Arbiter: I remember many years ago there was a report of a feet leaf by Yra that said there was colourful soldiers just like the ones right in front of us. They live in one of the holy rings for years so if so then they must have known knowledge about the ring.

Rtas: You made a good argument.

He node to his elites which they stand down.

Tucker: (whisper) Yo Church can you get us out of here?

Church: Yeah just give me a fucking moment will you.

Caboose: Um guys?

Tucker: Yeah?

Caboose: Do you hear that?

At first they don't but then they do. They hear what seems like something crawling through the vents along with mysterious roars that doesn't sound anything that they ever heard in their life. The rest of the Covenant troops heard it and they have their guard up.

Suddenly vents open and pouring down were infection forms as it rain down and all things turn into chaos as Covenant troops begins to fire at the infection forms. Rtas and Arbiter slash at them with their energy swords as the Covenant forces get distracted.

This gave the trio the chance to escape so they race towards the door that they first came in. One elite sees this and aims his plasma rifle but a infection form launch into him and infected him. The elite turn into a combat form and start to attack the rest as Tucker, Caboose and Washington open the door and Church locked it.

Church: Okay we're good.

Tucker: Good?! Good?! What on earth was that?!

Church: Watcher told me many years ago they are called the Flood.