Chapter 72: Covenant control city

The window is shattered as Y/n, Simmons and Rookie climb over the window and into a store where they search around for any foods or supplies for them to use and after a while they found a few cans of foods, water bottles at the back and medical supplies.

They sat by the counter drinking the water while the discuss the situation they are in.

Y/n: Okay here's what we know. We are stuck here on this abandon city with no communication of any UNSC or anyone. We got separated from our teams. We're at the heart of the Covenant territory and we have not much ammo or supplies to survive. Anything I forgot.

Simmons: This may not seem to be important but there is also no elites around the city even though we seen a lot during the battle.

Y/n: That's true. Any ideas what happened to them?

The Rookie just shrugged while Simmons raised his hand for a idea.

Simmons: Well I believe most elites were killed when that Covenant ship jumped into slip space. It may have resulted to some radiation poisoning.

Y/n: Maybe but how can the grunts, brutes and other Covenant forces survive?

Simmons: Obviously they are the second wave of Covenant forces.

Y/n: Then why haven't we encounter a second wave od elites yet?

Simmons:.......yeah I'm out of ideas.

Watcher: For once Simmons has no idea.

Simmons: Come on its not like you can think of a possibility on what's going on.

Watcher: Well I didn't figure out why we haven't encounter any elites but I did find something else. I detected a UNSC singal not far from here. The interesting part is that this one is from ONI.

Y/n: Huh well that sounds good to hear.

Watcher: Hear a sense of sarcasm there.

Y/n: Not a fan of ONI.

Watcher: Can't blame you. But we should go there and investigate it.

Y/n: Right. Break time over boys, let's start walking.

And so they begin walking as they walk through the streets of New Mombasa. They try to make things quiet as possible so they won't be spotted by Covenant forces. They dodge Phantoms flying over head, sneak by Covenant camps and took out Covenant patrol parties blocking their way.

After a while of walking they come across a building which they head inside and they climb up the steps and soon they reach a floor as they walk inside and Watcher said.

Watcher: Odd. It says the singal is here but there is nothing.

Rookie pokes on Y/n's shoulder which he turn to him qnd turn to where the singal is coming from. They see a broken helmet stuck on a TV screen as Y/n walks over and pulled it out.

Simmons: That a recon helmet but who owns this helmet?

Y/n sees a name on the forhead of the helmet name "Dare." Watcher pulls up the files and then finds it.

Watcher: Got it. Her full name is Veronica Dare. She's in ONI sector one and she took command of Alpha nine which is where Rookie is from. The original commander of Alpha nine is lead by Gunney Sargent Edward Buck. Interesting....he and his team survive the battle of Reach.

Y/n: We don't need the full history here Watcher.

Simmons: You think she's dead?

Y/n: Not too sure. There is a possibility she could have survived but right now we need to move before.