Chapter 22: They have to ruin everything

Hargrove: Dear Director: Understanding that we are a break of extinction by the Covenant and lost a few Colonies by the Covenant. I do not agree Dr Catherine Halsey method of using children as Spartans but what choices do we have? Understanding that these groups of Spartan II and III are our last line defence against the Covenant and if they are all gone, so dose humanity.

(Meanwhile)

Y/n opens the doors to the medical room and carries South into the room and set her down onto the medical bed and check her wounds.

Y/n: Watcher how is she?

Watcher: Her bullets missed a few important body parts so she'll be fine.

Y/n: Alright, at least that's good.

He took off his helmet and set it beside the table and start patching her up. There was silence in the room as South looks away, not wanna look at him in case he ask. But he did as he sigh and asked.

Y/n: Why did you lie to us like that?

South: If I did, your just cuff me and live me on the ship and sent to prison.

Y/n: I guess but why did you kill your brother? You two are siblings, why did you backstab him and let the Meta take his A.I.

South: That's the thing. The Meta will track us down if he have Theta with him. He promised to never let the Meta take him but we just gonna ran into him with Theta around so I have no choice.

Y/n: Why didn't you convince him to let Theta go or hide him?

South:..............

Y/n: You were scared, we're you?

South: What?

Y/n: I see in your face that your scared of the Meta. Scared that he is unstoppable and can not be killed. Your scared that he's just gonna track you and your brother down and in the end, you let your fear control you and kill your brother.

South start to form tears but she wipe it away but Y/n see that she is scared. After he is done patching her up he grab his helmet and said.

Y/n: Come on. Let's rejoin with the rest.

He turn to walk away but then South asked.

South: Why didn't you let Wash kill me?

Y/n stop and he turn to her and said.

Y/n: Because he doesn't believe you deserve a second chance. But I do.

South: No I don't. I'm just gonna betray yous and get yous killed.

Y/n: That's not gonna happen. Remember this is all the Director's fault. He's the main reason the Meta excited, not you, no Wash or hell even the Meta himself, you have the Director to blame all of this.

South: True but the Meta is strong and can not be killed.

Y/n: (smirk) Hey, he'll maybe tough, but he isn't invisible. We'll find a way to beat him and win.

Y/n's smirk made her a bit better and she Starr to realise not all Spartans aren't bad and her heart skip a beat to even look at Y/n before he put on his helmet and he said.

Y/n: Come on, let's meet up my old friends.

(Meanwhile)

Outside of the base we see Y/n's team along with Church and Caboose including Agent Washington as Church said to Washington in a calm voice.

Church: Okay. I have a great idea. Let's all put down our guns and not shoot anyone else that we're trying to help.

Washington: Relax.