Chapter 71: Silent city

Rain pours down and onto the armor of Y/n as we see him looking out of the large hole that he crash through and stare outside to see the whole city of New Mombasa has turn into complete darkness with Covenant Phantoms and Spirits is seen over cities and only lower down to deployed some troops.

Y/n watches until he looks down and drops down. When he land onto the floor he felt pain at his leg as he slowly gets up and looks around and seeing that the streets are completely empty with no one around.

Y/n: Watcher do you hear me? Watcher?

Watcher: Y-Yeah I'm okay. What about you? You suffered some broken bones.

Y/n: I'm okay but what's the situation.

Watcher: Well we have been unconscious for sometime, Covenant forces has taking over the city and we are have no guns and no back up. We might be screwed.

Y/n looks around and finds a dead Jackal with a carbin laying next to him so he walks over and picks it up. He also picked up two plasma grenades and a plasma pistol. He  check their ammo and sees he is low which means he needs to be carful with his aim just in case.

Y/n: Any radio chat?

Watcher: Nothing. That explosion must have knocked out the communications meaning we're on our own.

Y/n: Guess our first step is to grab some supplies. Whereas the nearest hospital?

Watcher show him the way point and so Y/n make his journey there. He walk through the streets as he walks pass destroyed Warthogs, tanks, ghosts, wraiths and banshees that crash into buildings or on the ground.

Y/n finds bodies of marines that looked burned due to the slip space explosion which he pays respects to them as he keeps going. He soon come across a split and before he could turn left he immediately heard something so he hide behind a car and peaks knee to see a couple of brutes with Jackals and Grunts as the jackals drag some human survivors out of the building as they scream a beg for their lives.

The brutes laughed as they are pushed against the wall as Y/n sees this and he aim his carbin at them but Watcher tells him.

Watcher: No! We can't risk other Covenant forces to come and kill us.

Y/n: (whisper) I can't let them kill those civilians.

Watcher: I know but it's too much of a risk. I'm sorry but we can't save everyone.

Y/n wants to ignore Watcher but knows he is right. He has one of the brutes as he is ready to pull the trigger but soon he stands down and watches as the brutes pulled out their spikers and open fired at them.

Their screams were suddenly cut off as Y/n watches in horror and soon they left the scene and as soon they are gone Y/n walks over to their crops and look down at them.

He then noticed something poking out of the man's pockets so he knew down and pulled out a family picture of his children and wife.

Y/n: Watcher?

Watcher: According to UNSC records they are alive. I'm sorry.

Y/n looks down at the father and puts the picture back as he gets up and leaves the scene.

(Sometime later)

He arrived at the hospital as he gets on the fifths floor and opens a door and check inside to see that the room is clear. He closes the door and sat on the bed with a groan.

Y/n: Jesus that hurts.

Watcher: To bad Doc isn't here.

Y/n: Yeah. Speaking of which any idea where they are at?