Chapter 53: Lost everything but not our hope

The wind blow with nothing but dust and ashes at the empty desert like landscapes of the planets surfaces of reach as cracking thunder bolts can be heard in the distances along with strong winds that blow everywhere that might blow anything that isn't heavy.

We see what looks like a structure in the distances that looked and seemed to be abandoned for a very long time. When we get a close onto the structure we see many dead Spartans laying around the structure, lifeless as the Spartans armors are filled with some cracks and some dents as their bodies lay there for sometime. Suddenly a light appear as two Warthogs enter the structure as the figures look around but don't see any Covenant forces around.

Then the driver leaves the Warthog and came into veiw as we see it's Eric as he ready his assault rifle while he look around. The rest of his team climb out of the Warthogs and look around.

Eric: Alright you all know the drill. Gather any supplies we can and let's head back to base. If there is any Spartans alive then we take them with us.

They node in agreement and they search around, gathering any supplies they needed either weapons, ammonium, food or anything just to keep themselves alive and well. We see Rook and Alyssa are seen enter inside of a small building that had a few dead Spartans along with some weapons as Rook walks up to one of the weapons and pick up a DMR and check to see it's still working.

Alyssa: What happened here.

Rook: Must be one final stand for these Spartans.

Alyssa: Damn. Those Covenant fucks will pay for this.

Rook: You and me both.

We then cut to Reznya gathering both Covenant and UNSC weapons as she can. She turn only to see Jeanne standing there and looking at something which Reznya walks up to her and was about to ask what's going on until she sees what Jeanne is seeking.

Reznya: (shocked) Oh no.

There was a pile of Covenant elites around and at the middle was the helmet less Noble 6 laying on the floor lifeless and have large stab wounds around his body as Jeanne stood there in disbelief while Reznya gently place her hand onto her shoulder and tells her.

Reznya: I'm so so sorry Jeanne. I'm really am sorry.

Jeanne slowly forms a fist and then hugged Reznya as Reznya hugged her back. After they gather as many supplies they needed, they load them onto the Warthogs but they didn't leave yet. They dig up holes for the dead Spartans and place them into the holes and dig up the holes. Ones that was down we see them lined up as they stair at the graves of the Fallen Spartans in battle with their helmets on top of their graves as they give them a salute and then turn and make their leave.

Eric climb onto the Warthog and grab his radio and calls up base command.

Eric: Base command this is Black-Wing leader we have the supplies we needed. Returning back to base.

UNSC command: (coms) Copy that Black-Wing leader. Over and out.

And so they drive off as they return back to base while we look at the graves of the fallen Spartans and at the last grave we see a gravestone of Noble 6 with his helmet on top of the grave as Noble 6 along with the Spartans will rest easily, knowing that they have served their military duties well and soon....they will have their revenge on the Covenant very soon.

(Later)

Within the hills of reach we see a UNSC base with UNSC marines, ODST and Spartans as they wounder around the base, maintaining vehicles, communicating and weapons as the gates open and Black-Wing return as they drive up the warthog through the gate and make their park while we cut to a command centre as we see Y/n there as he look out of the window just as Eric came into the room and tell him.