Chapter 54: A hunting ground

Grif and Simmons slowly open the small gas stations doors as Simmons was taking point as he aimed his Battle rifle around and making surebthere isn't Covenant troops hanging out in the store.

Luckily for them the store has no life anywhere as he and Grif step inside the store. It was completely darkness with the windows boarded up with a few glass being broken, some boxes laying on the ground and opened, almost like someone or something came and raided all of the food and leaving nothing behind.

Grif and Simmons secure the store as they turn their attached flashlights on their battle rifles on and move slowly through the store. They scan around for anything that isn't friendly and making sure this store is complete secure.

They even check the office and the counter but there was no sign of any Covenant activity. Grif sees a closed up soda can which he walk over and take it. He then takes a drink from it.

Grif: Now that taste great.

Simmin: Grif you shouldn't been drinking that! Who knows how long that was been?

Grif: Look I needed something to keep my stomach full so if there is a pizza that has been 3 years, then I will take that!

Simmon: Your disgusting.

Grif: We're in the apocalypse Simmons. We gonna survive somehow.

Simmon: (sigh) Well I think I see some can foods at the back. Help me load them up.

Grif: Fine.

We then cut to outside of the gas station which is in the middle of the large woods with trees everywhere while we see everyone outside and waiting for Grif and Simmons to come out with some food.

Sarge and Elijah were on the Warthogs turrets in case of a Covenant attack while Grif and Simmons came out with some boxes as Tucker ask them.

Tucker: Sup you two, what did you find?

Grif: Just same can foods that we found at the back.

Tucker: Ant porn magazines in there?

Simmons: Don't think so.

Tucker: Damn it! Here I thought being in the Apocalypse is gonna be awesome.

Simmon: How is in the apocalypse sound awesome to you?

Tucker: Dude you know many chick's will look for any guy to fuck with and that person is me. Bow Chika Wow wow!

Gabriel: Any other cans in there?

Then Gabriel and Mia walk up to them as Simmons tell them.

Simmon: Yeah there is a fee boxes in there.

Gabriel: That's good to hear. Lopez, Jin, Ashia, see you take the boxes and load them up into the Warthog.

Lopez: (Spanish) Sure thing.

Jin: Right.

Ashia: Roger that.

The trio head inside with Grif and Simmons while Mia turns to Sarge and Elijah as she ask them.

Mia: Are we clear?

Sarge: Yes ma'am! No Covenant scum on my sights.

Elijah: Same. We're all clear.

Mia: That's good to hear.

Donut: Too bad we couldn't find any survivors. Whose gonna tell me how they day was or whose gonna say nice things about my smell.

Mia: We will find more survivors as best we can. Right now we just need to collect some food and return back to base.

Gabriel: So what's our next move once we head back to base?