Chapter 41: Can you really trust him? (Lemon)

The sea moves gently into shore as we over look at Relic, an ancient forerunner site within installation 01. We see bones of both Covenant and humans laying on the sand as their grave. Then a sound of a engine is heard coming towards the island and soon a Prowler fly around the planet and then slowly landed down at beach and once down the hatch open and Carolina and Lennox exit out of Prowler and look around.

Lennox sees the many bones, weapons and bits of armor everywhere while he hold is battle rifle at the ready and so dose Carolina.

Lennox: So why are we here? This ring is left abandoned for a very long while.

Carolina: We're here to see if we can find something that is here.

Lennox: Like what, there is nothing here?

Carolina: Not exactly. Church is it still active?

Then Church appears and tells her.

Church: Yep his armor is still active.

Carolina: Good. Let's go.

Lennox follows Carolina as they walk towards the structure  as they go pass many bones from both spaces which gives Lennox the creeps as he hears tells aboit this ring and it's battle and wonder if anyone did survive and made it out alive before the bombs where dropped.

They get into the structure and they approach a body that isn't UNSC but Freelancer as Carolina bend down and check his armor.

Lennox: Who is he?

Carolina: Agent York.

Lennox: I see. Where you two close?

Carolina:........

Lennox: I was just asking but if you don't want to talk about it then I understand.

Carolina: Why?

Lennox: Sorry?

Carolina: Why do you trust him?

Lennox: Who Y/n?

Carolina: Who else?! After everything he did, after what he did to project Freelancer you still trust him! I don't get it on why South, Washington, Maine and more importantly you trust him! You may not be a Freelancer agent but your an ONI soldier and you break me and him out for no reason what to far! So why do you trust him?

Lennox was silent and then takes a deep breath and tells Caroline.

Lennox: Because he saved my family.

Carolina was confused when Lennox looks at Caroline in the face and then tell her.

Lennox: I wasn't there when my wife and my children were attacked by the Covenant in their colony world. They told me they were trapped in a mall and Covenant elites were breaking into the mall and once they did....the elites start to kill all except for my family. They were about to if it wasn't for...him. He and his team came out of nowhere and saved my family from those elites and took them to a nearby transport so they can escape. Till that day I can never forget what he and his team did. They aren't just soldiers to me.....they were heroes and when ONI arrested him I knew I ain't right so that is why I broke him out of that cell so I can return the favour.

Caroline: And me?

Lennox: I know your father was responsible of many crimes during the human and Covenant war. You need to understand that his actions must be stopped and Y/n did it along with his team. You may not trust him Caroline but you have to some day.

Caroline: How can I trust someone after what I've been through! I've used to have a team and after everything, every mission and every training we did, they turn on me and betray me. How can I trust him and his stupid friends!