Chapter 76: Hive of the drones

We see Doc maintaining the ODST's and marines and patching up their wounds all awhile we see Y/n, Rowen, Simmons, Grif, Sarge, Dare, Donut, Rookie, Remington and Cali in a small room as Dare tells Y/n more about their mission to which Y/n ask.

Y/n: So you get to tell me that whatever is inside that room where the superintendent is at is our target and that same target is why the Covenant is here for?

Dare: Indeed. Me and Alpha-Nine were suppose to enter the city, go underground and retrieve the package. But that slips space separated all of us and I was alone. That was until I found your unit and we make our way below the city. Now we're trapped thanks to the Covenant and Drones.

Watcher: I have noticed a lots of activity. Perhaps there is a hive here.

Sarge: Well they better be ready cause we are gonna exterminate them all.

Simmons: So true sir. Man its good to see you again.

Sarge: Well it's too bad Grif didn't got lost and died.

Grif: Thanks.

Donut: I miss you all as well.

Remington: Going back to the subject even if we get the package there is a problem of transport.

Cali: Yeah we need some sort of a ship to escape the city before it is glassed.

Dare: We'll figure that out whenever we get to that. For now we need to get that package.

Y/n: Yeah. Let's get our gear ready and let's head out.

They agree as they leave the room and grab any gear and weapons they can and once that everyone stood by the door as Y/n take point as he waist his assault rifle and the doors open.

Y/n: Stick together and don't get lost.

They agree and once the door fully open they move through and walk down the hallway. They come across some brutes, jackals and Grunts which they eliminate them before they can fire back.

They keep on moving as they journey through the tunnels and taking out any Covenant troops blocking their way. They soon come up to a door which open and at the other side it was dark so they turn on their flash lights attached to their weapons while the ODST turn on their night vision on their helmets and walk in the room.

The door close behind them as they look around seeing nothing as they look around.

Watcher: Odd. I'm detected enemy life singles but we're on top of them for some reason.

Y/n: (whisper) Eyes open everyone.

They slowly move across with their guards up as they scan around the room. One nervous marine looked around only to felt like a disgusting slime on his shoulder.

He sees it and then looks up and froze as Sarge turns to see the marine and before he can bark at him to hurry up Rookie stops him and points up.

Sarge looks up and to his surprise sees the drones above the ceiling and looking like they are asleep. Soon everyone else noticed and they quietly leave the room. Rookie takes the marine and he ans Sarge took him to the other room and shut the door.

They breath a sigh of relief thinking that was over but when they turn forward they are shocked to see they are at the Drones hive.

Everyone froze seeing all of this but luckily none didn't came out. Wanted to keep it that way he singal the rest to stay quiet which they agree and they sneak through the hive. They walk on the catwalks connected to each other as they try to reach the other side.

Watcher is keeping an eye on the Hud as they keep moving slowly. Things seem to be going good when Donut wasn't looking and accidentally tripped on a pipe and slammed onto catwalk and making a loud noise.