Chapter 51: Honour and Sacrifice

We over see the UNSC base within the reach. The last UNSC base that they have got since most base were either glassed by the Covenant, lost contact with the other UNSC bases or the bases are unknown to still be active or destroyed.

Inside we see UNSC marines walking through the halls being silent while some are seen in medical rooms laying in board as they moan while groan from the pain they have gotten by the Covenant forces during the battle. Then the doors at the end of the hall open and Y/n and his team make their theie way down the hallway while they look around to see injured or beaten marines sitting along the halls looking down on the ground while some stumble as they walk down the halls.

They can't believe this as Ashley was the first to break the silence as she said while she turns to the rest.

Ashley: I can't believe this. The Covenant destroyed everything and soon Reach will fall.

Ave: Yeah, those fucks will pay for this.

Sophie: Let's hope the rest are doing alright?

Doc: Same here. Let's hope not all are injured during the battle.

Gabriel: We should check up on them just in case.

Y/n: Agree. Let's go.

They walk down the halls for a short while and soon they arrive at the room and once they head inside they see the reds and blues sitting there in silence while Y/n and the rest walk in and look around and ask.

Y/n: Hey....where's Rowen and Mike?

There was silence from them until Y/n and the rest realise what happened. They look down as Tucker spoke out.

Tucker: They're gone. Fuck. I can't believe they are gone.

Caboose: I'm going to miss them.

Sarge: I can't help feel that.....it was all my fault. I should have been with him.

Y/n: There was nothing you couldn't do Sarge. It's war, we lose people during war.

Sarge: (sigh) I guess so.

Simmons: So now what? The Covenant has glass half of Reach, how are we going to fight back?

Y/n: No idea. But I think it's time to go with Operation: Planet riot.

Jin: Operation: Planet riot?

Ashia: What's that?

Y/n: Doctor Halsey has a plan to sent me and a fee marines and Spartans to head to the elites home world and help an elite rebel leader to take down the Covenant within.

Grif: And you think this will work? Because I have a feeling that it could be a trap.

Gabriel: It's the only plan we have.

Mia: This is our only one way to defeat the Covenant and win the war.

Sarge: I like that plan! When should we Start!?

Eric: After one last mission.

They turn to see Eric enter the room as they turn to him and Y/n ask him.

Y/n: One last mission?

Eric: The captain will explain at the bridge. Carolina and her team are also there as well. We're just waiting for you and your team.

Y/n: Right. Take some rest guys, we be back.

And so Y/n ans his team leave the room along with Eric and once they left the reds and blues take a long break before they will go to another mission.

(Later)

Fireteam: Black-wing, Fireteam: Spartan rangers and Fireteam: Freelancers are all seen at the bridge as Captain Jacob Keyes stands in front of them as he looks at the team and tells them.