Chapter 74: Within the Heart of the quarantine

The Warthogs arrived at the UNSC camp base which the UNSC marines from the Amber Clad as we see their defence turrets set up in all four corners of the base while inside is a small base with two barracks, a sinagl armoury and a workshop as the Warthogs drive through the gates and the blues and Junior climb off the Warthogs.

A female marine approaches them and saluted to them.

Female marine: Welcome to our camp. Glad to have you all here.

Washington: We need to speak to Miranda Keyes is she here?

Female Marine: No she's heading to the library along with Sargent Johnson and a few marines. If you follow me I may patch you through to her.

Tucker: Cool and maybe after that how about we both get to know each other if you know what I mean. Bow Chika Bow wow.

Female Marine: I'm not into men.

Caboose: Like your not interested of talking to a men.

Ashia: She means she's not.......Straight.

Caboose: Really? She is Straight to me.

Ashia: No not Straight as in like she is Straight. It means she's......um.....Well.....its.

Jin: Let's just focus on the reason why we're here.

They soon head to the communication room and once there Church access to the computers and got Miranda and Johnson on the line.

Washington: This is Washington from Fireteam: Freelancers, Miranda Keyes do you hear me?

Miranda: (radio) Hear you loud and clear.

Johnson: (radio) How the hell did you guys get here?

Washington: Doesn't matter what does matter is your current location.

Miranda: (radio) Almost at the library. We'll be out before the Covenant shows up.

Junior: Miranda you must understand the Covenant needed a human to active this ring. If they capture either one of you then the Covenant will active this ring.

Miranda: (radio) I understand yoru concern but if we don't get the index key then the Covenant will take it and we'll never see it again.

Junior: We have a plan but you must turn back before it's too late.

Johnson: (radio) We can't do that. We just got attacked by the Flood.

Tucker: Wait the Flood is here?!

Jin: And here we thought we've seen the last of them.

Church: Wait give me a moment.

After a while Church sees where they are and immediately called out.

Church: We need to get out of here now! We're in a quarantine!

Caboose: Is that good?

Church: No!

Suddenly they hear gunfire and screams coming from outside. When they came out they see an army of Flood attacking the camp follow by Floods taking control of both UNSC and Covenant vehicles as they begin to attack the base.

Washington: We need to go now!

Female marine: Follow me!

They follow the marine ans soon they arrived at a workshop where she open the gate to reveal a Gauss Warthog and a Rocket Warthog.

Female Marine: These vehicles will give you enough fire power to get to Miranda.

She then pick up a shotgun and begins walking away.