Chapter 45: A jouned mission

At the male shower room within the UNSC base on Reach, we see the male Spartans naked ad they take showers while they talk about the Covenant finding reach and if they can win or not. Among the Spartans we see Y/n taking a shower, letting the water pour down from his face while he breath in a sigh as he lower his head down before he stare at the wall in front of him. He can still hear other Spartans talking about it and who knows if some rumours he hear were true or not.

Either way he doesn't over think it and just try to ease his mind when a Spartan came up next to him and turn on the shower to get himself clean while he sees Y/n and spoke to him.

???: (smile) Nice to see you after for so long.

Y/n looks over to see Eric as he give him a warm smirk while he smirk back to him.

Y/n: (smirk) Eric, been a long while since we last encounter each other. How is your girlfriend?

Eric: (smile) She's still badass and hit as always. You girlfriends?

Y/n: (smirk) Same as all was. I heard you and your team were in a colony before you were called to resch.

Eric: Yep it was a hard battle but we managed to get through in the end. So you think the Covenant will sent their whole fleet to Reach?

Y/n: I rather not think about that. No matter what we can drive them back.

Eric: Let's hope so. Hey, I've seen your Reds and Blues, they are......pretty good soldiers.

Y/n: (light chuckle) Yeah, we try to keep an eye on them as best we can. Still they are friendly if you get to know them.

Eric: (smile) Guess so. Say can I ask you something?

Y/n: (smile) Sure, ask away.

Eric: Command has sent us on a mission that involves on investigation a possible Covenant outpost in a nearby city. Command allows us to be helped by another fire team and i was wondering, you can help us?

Y/n: (smile) Sure thing. Besides I haven't seen your team for a long while so it be cool to see them again after all these years.

Eric: (smile) Awesome man, thanks. You will immediately like our team once we meet you at the hanger at 0500.

Y/n: (smile) Can't wait for that man.

Eric nodes and make his leave and after a short while Y/n exit out wearing his UNSC shirt and treasures as he make his way through the halls when suddenly he was pulled to a dark area as before Y/n was about to say anything his lips was blocked by Cal who kissed him on the lips. Y/n sees her and kisses her back. Soon after they stp kissing and look at each other with Cal lend out a soft giggle while she said.

Cal: (smirk) Guess I surprised you huh?

Y/n: (smirk) Guess you have. So what's with the surprise kiss?

Cal: (smirk) Because why not. This might be our final moments so I want to kiss you one last time.

Y/n: Don't worry Cal, we will win and we will come back alive and well.

Cal: Disbite some of us ain't coming back.

Y/n:......True but still, Spartans will never die.

Cal: (smirk) Agree. Maybe if we both survive, maybe we can have some "fun" along with Fireteam rainbow if they survive.

Y/n: So they are here as well? Where are-

Halsey: see you two having a moment.

They look over to see Halsey but rather then being mad she just smirka bit and turn to Y/n.