Chapter 78: A city to escape

The elevator doors open as Y/n was the first to enter and look around and then signal the rest to enter. Soon everyone begins to climb onto the elevator until Buck was last. Once everyone is in the elevator doors close and they begin to go up to the surface.

Y/n: Watcher update?

Watcher: Well this isn't good. The Covenant ships is about to glass the city. We need to get out of here before we'll be turn into ashes.

Cali: Buck you said your squad stole a Phantom?

Buck: Yes ma'am. However we needed to find a location so we can be picked up.

Watcher: Right give me a moment.

While Watcher is working on a extraction point Buck took off his helmet and take a sniff only to find it disgusting because of the Engineer.

Buck: Lord that stinks. Kinda reminds me of-

He turn to Dare only to be punched in the face which caught everyone off guard.

Buck: What was that for?!

Dare: Abandoning the mission.

Buck: What mission?! You went missing, my squad was scattered-

Then she kissed him on the face with the two kissed and then they stop and Buck ask.

Buck: And that?

Dare: That's for coming back for me.

Grif: Hey sorry to break the romance stuff but probably do that after we get out of here.

Buck: (clear his throat) Right. Spartan anything?

Y/n: Hold on.

Watcher: Got it. There is a Zoo that we can use as our extraction point. However it is far so we need some vehicles.

Sarge: Or maybe we can leave a few behind. Kinda like Grif.

Buck: Does he always say that?

Simmons: (sigh) You have no idea.

Soon the elevator arrived onto the floor and once open they leave the elevator and make theie way outside. Once outside it was the early hours in the morning. Y/n looks around and sees a lot of Covenant forces completely taking over the city.

Y/n leads them all through the door and onto the streets. They make theie way to the closes elevator to get to the freeway. Things seems to be fine when suddenly a beam gose through a ODST close to Rookie and gets shot through the head.

Buck: Sniper!

Dare: We need to keep moving now!

Y/n: Everyone run!

Y/n turn and fire his assure rifle at the sniper while the rest run. He then catches up to them while brutes appear around the corner and begin to chase after them.

They fire theie spikers at them which a few marines get shot while a few turn around and return fire. The brutes get shot and fell to the ground. Remington sees a rocket launcher on the floor so she quickly picked it upm turn around and aim at the brutes when she noticed a fire works ship next to them so she turn towards it and fired.

The rocket smash through the window ans seconds later there was a large explosion as the brutes were sent flying as the fire works shop blows up as Remington drops the rocket launcher and catches up with the rest.

Cali: Nice shot!

Remington: (smile) Thanks.

Watcher: There's the lift to the freeway!