Chapter 1

The sun rose high in the sky as I pry my eyes open, staring as the sun shines through the small gap in my curtain. I stretch out my arms, rising from my bed to take a shower.

After finishing my morning routine, I open my wardrobe, taking out my usual L'manburg uniform and get dressed. My brothers wanted to meet up today to discuss something important. Wilbur seemed a little tense so this can't be goo at all.

As I open my front door, I step out into the fresh morning air, breathing in the sweet scent of my favorite flowers which sit in two flower beds at each side of my door.

Putting one foot in front of the other, I walk through the small town, offering a small 'hello' or a wave to some citizens.

"Good morning Y/N!" Niki exclaims as I walk past her bakery. I smile and inhale the sweet scent of something coming from inside her workplace. "Good morning Niki. Something smells nice!"

Niki smiles, thanking me as she waves a quick goodbye. I continue walking down the path to meet Wilbur and Tommy but stop for a second when I see two new faces I don't recognize.

One of them was tall and had fairly large ram horns at either side of his head. He was wearing a smart suit. Maybe he is here for some sort of business deal.

The other male was a bit shorter than the former. He had black hair which was sticking out of a dark blue beanie which sat on top of his head.

The suited man gestures towards me, causing the other to look at me as well. The ram horned male smirks at me which sends a shiver down my spine but the other male only stares at me with wide eyes.

I quickly shrug it off, turning to walk away. He is actually kind if cute. I do need to ask Wilbur who he is later though.

Once I reach the small building for our meeting, I open the door and walk inside. "It's about time!" I hear a loud voice shout from across the room. Ahh yes, Tommy being as loud as always.

"Shut it Tommy or I'll beat your arse!" I exclaim, sitting at a small table as Wilbur rolls his eyes. "Stop fighting okay? I have called you both here as we have important matters to discuss." He says, his tone serious, causing Tommy and I to go silent.

"As you are aware, things have been changing here in the nation of L'manburg but I fear for our nation's future. Just recently, two new faces have been accepted into our walls." Wilbur states and I'm instantly take back to this morning. They must be the two new people.

I zone out thinking about the cute boy and the cold smirk from the man in the suit. "Y/N are you listening?" Wilbur breaks me out of my own mind.

"What was that?" I ask, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck out of embarrassment.

"We're having an election."

My eyes widen and I stare at my older brother shocked as my younger brother places back and forth mumbling to himself. "You can't do this Wilbur. You don't know what these fuckers are up to!" Tommy exclaims as he finally stops.

My mind races as each and every possible outcome runs through my head. What if we lose? What if Wilbur wins but they fight back? What if...

"We won't lose. We can't lose. So it's settled. The election is open." Wilbur states in a formal matter. My lips turn into a frown as I nod my head, leaving the building.

The sun glares down on me as I walk towards the gates of L'manburg, my subconscious mind taking me up a fairly large hill as I look out onto the peaceful ocean across from it.

We have to win the election. This isn't one of Dream's schemes is it? Either way I don't trust it.

The thought of Dream sends shivers down my spine as I remember how much damage he has done. How much pain he has caused us in the past.

Then I remember Eret. He used to be my best friend before he betrayed us. The final words he ever said to us.

"It was never meant to be."

My lips once again turn into a frown, remembering that day when he betrayed us for Dream. The scars they left on us physically and emotionally haunt me till this day.

I sigh as I walk back down the hill, wondering into the small forest beside our nation's walls. I left a small chest full of wood out here a few days ago and I forgot to collect it.

The darkened area is lit up by only a few torches which were meant for keeping unwanted mobs away.

In the distance I spot the small chest and I walk towards it. I find a few sticks and pieces of wood, crafting them into a makeshift log sledge in order for me to get the wood back to L'manburg.

Just as I'm about to finish loading to wood onto it, I hear a twig snap and i whip my head around to face the direction which it came from.

"Hello? Who's there?! Show yourself!" I pull out my iron sword, holding it out in front of me. When I get no reply, I shout again. "This isn't funny! Come out!"

No reply.

I shrug it off placing my sword back into its hilt, going back to loading the wood onto the sledge. Maybe it was just a rabbit or a fox.

I grab the handles of the sledge, pushing them out of the forest back to L'manburg.

I don't know what is going on in and around our nation but whatever it is, it can't be good.