Chapter 4

I swing my legs over the side of the bed, letting my feet hit the cold floor. Soon enough, I find myself wondering into the bathroom. I turn on the cold water and splash my face, looking into the mirror.

Staring back at me is a broken shell of a human. Someone who craves to be free and happy but feels as if they are being tied down by the chains of their own mind.

I rub my face and stop the cold water from running, leftover water dripping from my face as I wipe it away.

I walk back over to my bedroom, staring at the wall full of photos from the past. There was a large photo of when we first created L'manburg. A place we carved for a home to be a safe place from all dangers. But now? L'manburg has turned into a place of war.

I will always be tied down by war.

My mind drifts off until I break out of my thoughts, looking at the clock on the wall. 6am is a perfect time to do a bit of archery training.

Once again, I get dressed into my L'manburg uniform, stepping into my boots. I open up a chest and pick up my F/C bow, along with a few arrows and quiver.

I sling the bow over my shoulder, walking out of my house. Not many people will be around at this time so it should be pretty quiet.

After a short trip to the practice area, I look at the different sections. I could go for basic training or I could try the slime block archery training. After contemplating the best option, I choose to go for some basic training for now. After all, archery isn't my strong point.

I stare at the target in front of me as I pull out an arrow, loading it into the bow. I pull back the string so it's beside my face. I close one eye as I slow my breathing, focusing on the target.

In the next second, the arrow is flying... right into the ground.

"You missed the target mamacita." A familiar voice says from behind me. I roll my eyes, refusing to turn around as I load another arrow.

"I think you're supposed to hit the target." Quackity says right next to my ear as he stands close to me. Extremely close to me.

"Yeah well... I'm not the best at archery. But I could kick your arse at hand to hand combat. Or how about a sword duel?" I sneakily fire back at him. The intimidation obviously not working. "Ooo, feisty. I like it."

I whip around, coming face to face with him as he looks at me with his deep brown eyes.

"Why are you here Quackity? I thought I already told you, I will not be your running partner." I place a hand on my hip as I sling the bow back over my shoulder.

"Oh no mamacita. I know. I just thought I'd come say hi. Besides, I already found a running partner." He finishes with a slight smirk. My brows furrow in confusion. Who would want to work with this guy?

"Haha really? Who on earth would want to work with you?"

"I would."

A voice says coming out from behind a tree. My eyes go wide and I pull out my sword.

"Relax Y/N. I'm not gonna hurt you." George says but I still grip my sword tight. "You can't be here George. I thought I'd made it clear that you, Sapnap and Dream were not allowed inside the walls of L'manburg."

George stays quiet. He has a look which I can't describe but it almost looks like... guilt? No, he's probably just trying to play tricks.

"Don't worry, Dream and Sapnap aren't here. Besides, I'm only here as Quackity's running partner." George tries to reassure me.

"How do I not know that you'll pull some sort of trick huh? Remember back when Eret created the final control room? The room where you nearly killed me? Tubbo? My brothers?" I remind him. He looks down, taking off his white glasses.

"Look Y/N I'm really sorry... Dream, he..." he looks lost for words.

"You know what George? Forget it. Just as long as you don't pull anything funny, you can wonder around here. But if I find you pulling any stupid shit, I will kill you. Got it?" I lower my voice to make it clear that I'm serious.

George frantically nods as I smile at him in a sickly sweet way. I turn to walk away but stop before addressing Quackity.

"Oh and Quackity? Don't call me names or do stupid shit. That might just get you killed."

I continue down the path right to Tubbo's bee sanctuary. I told him I'd help plant some flowers a few days ago.

"Y/N! You're here!" Tubbo exclaims as he pulls me in for a hug. I smile at him as he greets me.

He may not be my brother by blood bit he definitely is by bond.

"How's it going Tubbo? You doing good?" I ask as he gets back to planting some flowers. A bee lands on his hair and he smiles in awe, causing me to laugh slightly.

"Yeah I'm good. I'm just scared for the election tomorrow."

Wait. The election is tomorrow?!?!

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. Tomorrow?!" I exclaim. Tubbo nods in response. I brush a hand through my hair, a habit I do when I'm stressed or nervous.

"But... I thought the election was supposed to be next week." I say, still in a bit of shock that the election was moved foward.

"Nope, Wilbur moved it to tomorrow." Tubbo responds, sounding almost sad.

My heart sinks and my body feels as if it almost cold. Meanwhile Tubbo goes back to planting flowers, probably trying to take his mind off the election.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow.