Chapter 21

For the past few days, we have all been training hard and gathering resources for the war.

We also found allies within close areas. The members of the Badlands agreed to aid us within the battle and we welcomed them to our small team. Now there is no way we can lose.

I stand out on the grassy plains, practicing my archery once again. I aim for the target but miss yet again another shot.

"You need to concentrate mi amor." Quackity comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me, positioning me in the correct stance to fire the bow. He rests his head on my shoulder as I concentrate.

I let the arrow fly and it is sent straight into the target. "There you go! See, I knew you could do it." Quackity smiles, giving me a quick kiss.

I smile back at him and place down my bow and arrows. "You ready for your hand to hand combat training?" I ask him to which he answers with a nod.

I stand opposite him, holding my fists up ready to fight.

"You remember what I taught you?" I question and he smirks. "Of course I do."

When he least expects it, I throw the first punch but he dodges is quickly. I laugh and roll out of the way just as he throws the next punch.

"You're extremely predictable you know that?" I laugh, and he gains a devious grin. "Oh really?..."

He quickly grips my arm and flings it behind my back, his body pressed up against mine. He whispers in my ear as he keeps a firm grip on me.

"Did you expect that?"

"No..."

I place all my strength into my lower half of my body, using the momentum of me leaning foward to flip him over my shoulder. He lands on the grass with a slight groan.

"But I bet you didn't see that coming." I laugh at him on the ground. He rolls over on the ground, looking in pain and I start to get worried.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Quackity?..." I gently roll him over and he takes the opportunity to grab me by my waist, pinning me to the ground. He straddles my waist as he pins my wrists down in the grass.

He smirks down at me and I try to free my wrists but it's no use.

"The art of deception mi amor." He smugly says and I roll my eyes.

The sun shines down on us as a slight breeze flows through the fields full of flowers. The peaceful atmosphere draws me away from all the conflict going on back in Pogtopia.

We stare at each other for a few moments, completely ignoring the position we are currently in. Quackity begins leaning down, almost pressing his lips to mine but I take this opportunity to flip us over. Now I'm the one in control of the situation.

"Rule number two. Don't get distracted." I smirk at him as he rolls his eyes, looking up at me.

"How can I not get distracted when the person I'm fighting is the most beautiful being I have ever layed eyes on?" He questions and I slightly gasp.

I lean down, pressing a passionate kiss to his lips, completely pressed against him as I place a hand to his cheek.

He wraps his arm around my back, placing one of his hands on the side of my face. We continue this way for another minute or so.

Until a voice breaks us apart... again.

"Fucking hell man! Why do I always find you two like this?! It's fucking disgusting!" Tommy over exaggerates.

I sit up and move away from Quackity who gets up a few seconds after.

I grab my weapons and place the bow and quiver on my back, placing my sword in its holster.

"What do you want Tommy?" I ask, a little bit concerned. He rubs the back of his neck, looking back in the direction of Pogtopia.

"We are finishing off the plans for the war. We all have to be there." He awkwardly says as Quackity grips my hand. Tommy looks disgusted once again and turns to walk to Pogtopia.

"Where were we?" Quackity asks playfully, pulling me in for another kiss.

"For fuck sake! I meant now you idiots!" Tommt exclaims, drawing Quackity and I apart from each other. I let out a laugh, having enjoyed our time away from the conflict and fighting.

It was nice. Having some time away from the war. If only everything could stay that way.

I sigh and begin walking back to Pogtopia, Quackity not far behind.

We make our way into the cavern we call a home and hear voices down the path. Quite a few voices actually.

"You head into the meeting. I need to put all this away." I refer to the weapons I'm carrying as Quackity nods and walks away.

I place all my items in a chest and close it, walking towards the voices. I step through the door and I'm greeted with familiar faces.

"Ah you finally arrived! Are you ready to start Y/N?" Wilbur asks, sounding strangely excited. His newfound villainous personality sending a striking shiver down my spine.

I nod but don't pay much attention. My eyes scan the room looking at each and every individual.

But my eyes land on a person I have seen a few times before but never spoken to. I catch him staring at me and when our eyes meet, he looks shocked. The look in his eyes says it all.

He knew me.

In fact, he looks a lot like the person from my dream. The one who sent me away with Philza. He continues to stare in pure shock as I try to figure out who he is. His gold plated armour and mask reflecting the light of the lanterns.

"What do you think Y/N? You are the war general." Wilbur asks but I shake my head.

"I was the war general. Not anymore." I state, completely ignoring the question.

The meeting carries in for another ten minutes until we all disperse, getting ready for the war tomorrow.

I hope all goes as planned.