Chapter 13

A few weeks pass by in the blink of an eye and we are now decorating for the Manburg festival. Game and food stalls are set up all around as people admire the work put into the festival.

I'm finishing up the last of the hanging lights, stepping down from the small stool so I could reach.

"Hey Y/N, how's it going?" Tubbo refers to my hung up lights. "It's going well Tubbo. I just finished the last of the lights now." I smile and he nods, pulling me away from the town centre away from everyone.

"Wilbur wants to blow up Manburg Y/N." Tubbo tells me which confuses me a lot.

"Yeah Tubbo. He's gone mad I know. He already told me." I reply. I'm about to walk back to the town centre but I feel a hand grip my wrist gently.

"No Y/N. He wants to blow up Manburg tomorrow. He's gonna set off explosives during the festival. Or so he says."

I know Wilbur lost his marbles a while ago but this is taking it too far. What is wrong with him?

"I'm sure he won't Tubbo. Don't worry." I try to reassure the boy.

Am I sure though?

I push away the eerie feeling in my chest and I take a casual walk back to the town centre.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The rest of the day and night goes by as I lay awake in my bed, every possible outcome of the festival clouding my mind.

Festivals are fun though right? I should at least enjoy myself.

The time reads 8am and the festival is due to start within the hour.

I make sure to get dressed quickly enough to not be late since I'm meeting Schlatt and Quackity before the festival begins.

Schlatt wants me to stick by him and be his personal bodyguard. Honestly, if there were no other guards around, I would ram my netherite sword into his cold soulless heart without remorse.

After getting ready, I take a quick jog towards the outside of the presidential building where I'm meeting Schlatt and Quackity.

These past few weeks have been hell for Quackity. He was constantly getting punched and beaten by the president. I always made sure to clean the wounds and make sure he is okay.

I would even say we have gotten a little... closer, after all the time we spend together.

I finally make my way up to the two men who stand side by side as they talk.

"Finally, look who's here! Now we can get on with our speeches and intros." Schlatt says and I walk behind him as he makes his way on stage.

All of Manburg's citizens sit in the audience while we look down from the podium. Schlatt walks up to the mic while I stay two meters behind him. Quackity stands beside me and Tubbo is next to Schlatt.

I look at my surroundings, scouting out just in case anyone planned to attack. I spot two different groups in the distance. On one side I see Tommy and Wilbur who holds some sort of remote in his hands. On the other side I see Dream, Sapnap and George.

I pay no attention to any of them, focusing back in on what Schlatt has to say after not paying much attention.

"Tubbo! Come up here." Schaltt says and directs Tubbo to start his speech. He looks nervous which worries me a little bit.

"A wise man once told me, that L'Manburg was like a lettuce. There's so many layer of tasty and healthy goodness, and once you wash off all the caterpillars and worms off the surface, it's a pretty goddamn good meal. Schlatt has successfully washed all of the insects off our great nation. And with that, he's allowed the goodness and tastiness to shine through." Tubbo starts but takes a quick pause.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to look around at what we've built today. Look at each other. All of this, thanks to democracy and the leadership of Jschlatt. Our people have been beaten down by rulers and dictators for so long. Now, we are finally free!"

I feel sick to my stomach after hearing those words. I know he's being forced to make a speech but that's all a lie! We are not free.

Free to elect who we want. Free to live how we want, and most importantly, free to go wherever we want without the confine of those huge black walls. So with that in mind, I would like to thank everyone for coming to this wonderful event..."

I place a hand on my sword as I look at Schlatt's smirking face. I should kill him right now. That would wipe the smile off that smug bastard for good.

"Let the festival begin." Tubbo finishes and the crowd claps and applauds Tubbo.

"Well, that was a great speech. But now, there is something I need to address."

My heart drops at hearing those words. The man who calls himself president looks at Tubbo and places a hand on his shoulder.

"I know what you've been up to Tubbo. I just find it hard to believe that you would conspire against us with the enemy." Schlatt says, pushing him towards a box. The crowd gasps as Tubbo pleads and denies all statements made against him.

"Technoblade! Come up here for a second!" Schlatt calls and my eyes drift over to my oldest brother who steps up with a crossbow, a firework rocket loaded into it.

"I want you to kill Tubbo. Show the reat of our people what happens to traitors."

I run in front of Tubbo, ignoring my brother. I make sure to stand directly in front of him, blocking him from harm.

"Stop! It was me okay? I'm the traitor! Tubbo did nothing wrong! If you're gonna kill someone, kill me." I hold my head up high as Schlatt comes face to face with me.

"Have it your way."