Chapter 26

I groan out in pain as I sit up. I feel a pain in my wrist and I hold it up in front of me.

A hand print?

So it wasn't a dream. Did I really die? Am I still dead?

I feel sick to my stomach but I try to push the nausea away, trying to get steady on my own two legs.

I stumble my way down the grassy hill towards what remains of L'manburg. But as I make my way towards the once blown up area, I see a town.

Someone rebuilt L'manburg?

My eyes scan over everything. There were tons of new buildings everywhere and happy people walked around. How has this been built so quick? I was gone for... how long was I gone?

I slowly make my way over to L'manburg only to get weird stares. I hear a gasp behind me and I turn to see Niki. She stares at my tattered clothes and messy hair, slowly lifting a hand over her mouth.

"Niki. It's me Y/N." I happily smile from seeing a familiar face. But she shakes her head and backs away.

Huh... that's weird.

I shrug it off, moving on to find anyone else. In the distance, I see a familiar head of orange hair and ears and I rush towards them.

"Fundy! Hey Fundy!" I call towards him. He has the same reaction as Niki, backing away from me.

Now I'm left alone in the middle of L'manburg. What is going on with everyone?

I sit by a fountain, dangling my hand in the cold water, staring at my reflection. My clothes are somehow tattered and ripped. My hair looks a mess and I look like I haven't slept in weeks.

"So, I was thinking, maybe we could-"

I turn towards the voice and see Tubbo. Behind him stands Quackity. I let my jaw hand loose as we stare at each other.

"Y/N?" Tubbo questions and I nod my head. I laugh a bit and begin to walk towards him. However I'm stopped by a netherite sword pointing in my direction.

"You're not Y/N. My Y/N died two months ago. Who are you, you sick bastard? You have no right... NO right to pretend to be Y/N. So who are you?" Quackity shoves the sword further towards me and I back up.

I bring my hands up in surrender, my eyes widening. "Quackity... it is me. I'm not dead. Please, put the sword down. We can talk about this."

"No, there's no need to talk. You're a fucking imposter whoever you are! You need to get the fuck out of L'manburg before I kill you." He darkly says, edging me out of L'manburg.

"Quackity, what if it is Y/N?" Tubbo asks behind him but Quackity shakes his head.

"That's not Y/N."

My heart breaks in two.

No one believes me. No one cares. I'm here, I'm alive so why doesn't anyone believe me?

I back away from them, racing towards a hill as the sun begins to set. I rush to the tree where Quackity and I once watched the sunset. I sit up against it, not having enough strength to climb.

"Hello!" A voice echoes next to me. I turn to face the person who spoke and my eyes widen.

"Wilbur?" I ask but he just shakes his head, floating next to me.

"I'm Ghostbur! I remember you! Well... I know of you. You're Y/N! Why do you look so sad?" Ghostbur asks me, floating to sit down next to me.

"Well... I died Ghostbur. But here I am. And yet, no one believes that I'm me." I tell him and he looks saddened. He holds out something blue in front of me with a smile.

"Here! Have some blue!" He exclaims with a smile and I take it, observing the strange blue rock.

"What does it do?" I curiously ask with a sniffle. He points to the blue in my hands and then points to me.

"It takes away your sadness." He offers me a smile. My heart melts at the gesture. But then I remember that he is just the ghost of my brother who I left back at that station in limbo.

"Thank you Ghostbur." I thank the friendly ghost, turning back to watch the sunset.

"Ghostbur?"

"Yes?" He asks, floating next to me as I stand up. "Do you know where I can find the one who goes by the name of Philza? I need to see him." I ask.

Ghostbur nods his head and gently grabs my wrist, pulling me along with him.

"Where are we going?" I ask, still following him and he smiles at me. "I'm taking you to Philza! It's easier if I show you where he is."

I turn back to face L'manburg which is now lit up with beautiful lights and lanterns. I shake my head, knowing that I shouldn't go back there for a while.

Ghostbur leads me through a Nether portal and I feel the heat hit me. It's been a long time since I've been here. I never liked it here. The particles and heat both being unpleasant.

We continue down multiple paths until we reach another Nether portal. We head in through the portal and I'm now hot with completely contrasting weather.

We are now in a snowy biome. The snow reaching up to my ankles. Due to not having any warm clothes, the cold hits me quicker and I begin shivering almost instantly.

Ghostbur continues floating next to me but notices me shivering.

"We're nearly there Y/N. Hold on."

But I feel as if I can't hold on. I feel as if my legs freeze up and I drop down in the snow, trying to prop myself up with my arms.

"Philza! Phil! Phil!!" Ghostbur shouts through the snow storm and soon enough, a figure drops down from the sky, large black wings spread out in front of me.

"Y/N? You're alive?" Philza questions and I nod my head slightly, still shivering.

"Come on, let's get you inside." Philza picks me up and we fly towards his home. Ghostbur floats along with us.

I'm instantly hit with some warmth as Philza sits me down on a sofa, bringing me a blanket.

"Now Y/N. There's something you should know."