Chapter 82

I tried for the next two days to keep the cookie castle a secret from Quackity. But with it being just across from Las Nevadas, of course he found out.

He allowed Tubbo and Ranboo to keep it for now but after he finds out that they are expanding, he won't be too happy.

"Look Tubbo, I understand what you're doing but what is this wall here?" Quackity asks, running his hand along the wall of the cookie castle which Tubbo built.

"Quackity, just leave it." I try to reason with him but he just shrugs me off.

"No Y/N. If I have to, I'll take this case to court. You should be on my side here, not trying to hide this from me." He says back which pisses me off.

"Can't you just leave them alone? This isn't even on our land Quackity! Come to your senses." I cross my arms, awaiting his response.

He looks at me with fire in his eyes but doesn't raise his voice. Instead, he speaks to me with an ominous low tone of voice.

"If you're not with me on this, then get out of my sight. Leave."

The rustling of trees surrounds us as Tubbo slightly gasps at what Quackity just said to me. Ranboo holds him back so that he doesn't do anything he'll regret.

"Fine. Fuck you." I turn away from him, not wanting to give him a second thought. He's been like this before but just not as bad. He's letting power go to his head, diverting his mind from me.

I try my best to shake the thoughts out of my head by going to the top of the needle building. But even from here I can see the cookie castle, reminding me of him.

"Hello Y/N from Las Nevadas!" Charlie's recognizable voice exclaims from behind me as he stands by my side.

"Hey Charlie. How are you?" I sigh, running my hand along the glass barriers of the balcony.

"I'm doing good. But what's up with you? You seem off." He gives me a soft frown. I don't want to put all my problems on him. It's not fair.

"It's not important Charlie. Thank you for asking though. You know, if you ever need to talk to me, I'll be here to listen right?" I turn to Charlie who gives me a toothy smile.

"If course Y/N from Las Nevadas! Dap me up!" I give him a fist bump before he waves goodbye to me, leaving me alone once again.

I make my way down the tower, wondering past the groups of gossips who litter the entirety of Las Nevadas.

"Y/N? Can I talk to you for a second?" A voice calmly asks. I turn to see my dad, gesturing me over to the hotel.

I nod, following him inside the hotel and all the way up to his room.

"So, what's up?" I ask, admiring the room as he begins talking.

"I think we need to talk about Quackity." He states and I freeze up. I guess he's figured out that he's changing too.

"I take it you've noticed his attitude change too."

My dad nods as I continue looking around the room. I soon spot a small photo frame with a photo of a baby in it. That was me.

"Y/N I don't know how to say this but he's becoming too power driven. All he cares about is money and power." Sam says and I turn to him.

"I know dad! I know... believe me, if i could stop him, I would. He's losing himself. Losing who he used to be and I hate to see him this way." I truthfully tell him, rubbing my eyes as I try not to worry.

"Then talk to him. If anyone can bring him to his senses then it's you Y/N. He loves you. Once he sees that he's hurting you on the inside, he'll soon realise what he's been doing." My dad finishes and I think for a moment.

Would he really listen to me if I tried to talk about this? I suppose it's worth a shot.

"Okay dad. But what do I say to him?" I ask, having no idea where to start.

"Just... just tell him the truth. Tell him how you really feel." He says softly, brining me into a hug.

Now I know how my dad must have felt all those times I blamed him for Tommy's death. That was Dream's fault not his. Just like all this is Quackity's fault. Not mine.

"Okay. I'll talk to him. He might be back in a few hours or so. Then we can talk." I tell him to which he responds with a nod.

I stay in Sam's hotel room for a few more hours, talking about what life was like for the both of us during the time we were apart. Although, I leave out a few details which I don't want to think about.

"I guess I should get going." I give him one last hug before leaving.

"Goodbye Y/N."

"Bye dad." I smile, closing the door on my way out.

I make my way back to the casino, dodging around people who get in my way. I observe my surroundings, spotting a familiar beanie on the top floor.

I walk up the stairs towards Quackity, ready to have a talk with him. When I get there, I see him talking to someone else who has their back turned to me. But their familiar orange hair and fox ears tell me exactly who he is.

"Y/N! I wondered where you went!" Quackity smiles as if nothing happened between us earlier.

He pulls Fundy to stand by his side but Fundy just looks slightly uncomfortable. Quackity, however, gives me a smile.

"Y/N I'd like you to meet the newest member of Las Nevadas!"