Chapter 23

We won. We actually won.

Everyone cheers as we exit the drug van, celebrating outside as we walk back to our L'manburg.

"Tommy, Tommy I bet you'd never thought I'd say this but... get up on that podium and give us a speech." Wilbur directs him.

"Or should I say, president-elect Tommyinnit."

Everyone gasps and I smile at my younger brother. All of us sit down in the seats as Tommy takes his place on the podium.

"Hello everyone. It looks like we won." He starts and everyone cheers with passion.

"And I never thought I'd say this but even after the hardships, the tyrany we've been through, Wilbur, Tubbo, Y/N, after everything... It was meant to be."

I smile up at my brother, proud of him. He smiles down at all of us as we sit in silence waiting for him to continue.

"Thank you everyone for making me the president. And I know you said I never would be Wilbur... I can't be the president."

Everyone gasps. My eyes widen as I look at Tommy in pure shock.

"Wilbur, take your place on the podium." Everyone looks around at Wilbur who walks upto the podium. He begins another short speech but the last words stuck out to me.

"Tubbo, I want you to come up onto the stage."

Everyone cheers excitedly as Tubbo looks around in pure shock. The boy looks shocked but excited at the same time. He slowly makes his way up to the podium, standing in front of everyone.

"I'll be back." Wilbur announces, walking away with a strange look.

Tubbo begins taking down some of the Manburg decorations as some others help and some watch. I look behind me, noticing the same person from before, the gold armour plates and mask shining in the sunlight.

I walk over to him as he stares back at me in shock.

"So... who are you?" I ask the man as he looks down at me, a look of pure shock in his eyes.

"Y/N?" He asks and I narrow my eyes at him. I take a step closer to him.

"Who. Are. You?" I ask slower this time. He stands beside a few others as they watch the scene unfold.

"Ask me some other time." He walks away from me, leaving me with the celebrating citizens of L'manburg.

"So Dream, was the traitor thing just bullshit then?" Tommy asks as I stand by his side with Quackity.

"Oh no, there was a traitor." He turns to us and I furrow my eyebrows.

Suddenly, fireworks are sent flying everywhere and I hear screams of agony as a few of our newfound allies are hit with the rockets.

Technoblade.

"I didn't spend weeks planning for this just for you to replace one tyrant with another. Don't you see what's happening here?" He says and I take out my sword ready to fight.

Another fight breaks out and we all split up. I take Quackity's hand and we run for it. "What the hell is happening?!" I ask out loud as we all disperse from L'manburg.

"The government ends here!" Techno shouts in anger, launching fireworks everywhere. He's gone mad.

We make our way onto a building, standing next to Tommy. We look at all the fighting which breaks out.

Dream walks over to us, looking up. The creepy smile on the mask sending an uneasy feeling through my body.

"Do you know who the traitor was? It was Wilbur." He tells us. Tommy and I look at each other in shock.

"No. No he's our brother. He wouldn't do that!" I exclaim, pointing my sword at Dream.

"Is he Y/N? Is he really your brother?" He asks, and I stare blankly at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Wait, where is Wilbur?" Quackity asks and everyone begins looking around.

But Wilbur is nowhere to be found.

I jump down from the building about to look for him when I hear cries of anger. Cries of pain and suffering.

"Y/N look out!" I hear a voice shout but I'm suddenly sent flying back from a powerful explosion.

I groan in pain as I stand up, a line of blood trickles down my forehead.

I stare out onto what was once our nation. Gone withing mear seconds. I place a hand on my mouth, holding in a gasp as tears fill my eyes.

"No..." I whisper to myself.

"Y/N! We have to go! Quackity grips my wrist but I pull away. I shake my head, heading into the rubble and dust of what was once L'manburg. I see everyone doing the same, looking up at a cliff.

I follow their line of sight. My eyes land on Wilbur and someone I haven't seen in a long time.

"Philza?!"

There are cries of pain both physically and emotionally as we look out onto a new wasteland.

I regroup with Tommy, Tubbo, Quackity and Niki. Niki brings me in for a hug and I try to calm her down.

"There was no reason to do that." She cries into my shoulder.

Everyone stares up at Wilbur and Philza in complete shock. And above all the chaos, I hear Wilbur shouting in the distance.

"My unfinished symphony forever unfinished! Tubbo! You're the president of a crater!" He exclaims before turning to Philza.

He hands him a diamond sword and before I can process anything, Philza pierces Wilbur through the chest.

"No!!" I scream on the top of my lungs. Wilbur's lifeless body falls to the ground as Philza looks between us and his dead son. My brother.

I try to run towards him but Quackity holds me back.

I'm never one to show weakness but in this moment, I break down. My world slowly crumbling.

L'manburg is gone.

And it's not coming back.