Chapter 57

The axe propped up against the front door tempts me. As if it's calling to be used. I swore to myself that I wouldn't go visit Dream without Quackity.

But what harm can a little trip do?

"Love, I'm heading out to get us some more food." I smile at Quackity who places a small kiss to my temple. I smile in complete bliss before picking up my sword instead of the axe behind the door.

"Okay mi amor. Be careful." He smiles as I head out the door.

"Good morning Y/N!" Karl beams as I walk past, waving a hand his way with a smile.

I take a long stroll down the prime path as birds chirp around me. A complete contrast between the situation that I'll be facing in a few minutes once I arrive at the prison.

I suddenly feel shock flow through my body as someone clumsily runs straight into me.

"What the honk! I'm so sorry Y/N!" Karl apologises. He begins to rush away but I stop him.

"Hey wait a minute! Weren't you back at Kinoko Kingdom?" I tily my head and he looks nervous. He shakes his head rapidly before running away.

What? I must be going crazy.

Not long after I make it to the prison, I'm let inside as I take the portal to the front desk.

"Hey Y/N." Sam says sheepishly.

"Sam. I'm here to see Dream." I say, keeping a stone cold face. He nods, opening a locker room for me to place my items in. But I keep my sword on me.

"I'm keeping this." I show him the sword and he nods. I take it the talk with Quackity was indeed successful then.

Sam leads me down the many halls and through piston doors until we reach our destination. He flicks a few switches, allowing the lava to slowly disappear.

"You know the drill." He gestures for me to stand on the floor which moves me towards Dream's cell.

I look back at Sam, giving him a nod which indicates to activate the lava wall once again.

"Y/N! What a nice surprise!" Dream exclaims with a smirk but once he sees the sword in my hand, his smirk drops.

"Oh Dream... a little scared are we?" I taunt with a laugh, watching as he backs into a corner.

"I'm not scared. Because I know you won't kill me." He shrugs, playing off his nerves. But I can see right through him.

There is a pause between us as the sounds of lava surround us.

"Why did you do it Dream?"

"Do what?" He asks innocently and I raise my sword, swinging it into the obsidian wall next to him, creating a small scratch in the wall.

"Don't fucking test me you sadistic prick! Why did you kill my brother?!" I shout as he raises his hands in surrender.

"He was being annoying! I warned him not to test my patience but he kept going. He was driving me insane!" He fights back.

"He was a kid Dream! Just because you got sick of him, it doesn't mean you should have killed him! You should have been the one to die. Not him." I grip my sword tighter.

Dream says nothing. He only covers further into the corner in an attempt to stay away from me.

"Do you regret it?" I ask.

Nothing.

"Do you regret it!?" I swing my sword beside him again.

"No! He's always been one to cause problems Y/N! Can't you see that?" Dream fires back.

Wrong answer.

"Fuck you." I growl, raising my sword, bringing it across his cheek. The sharp edge draws blood which trickles down his face. He raises his fingers to touch the wound, pulling his hand back to look at the crimson blood.

"You won't kill me." He states, staring into my eyes in an attempt to intimidate me.

"You're right Dream. I won't. But a little bit of torture can't hurt." I smirk, slashing my sword down the side of his arm.

He yells in pain, clutching his injured arm. The blood of my enemy spread across my sword.

"You can no longer hide behind the mask Dream. You're powerless." I smirk, taking out a small pouch from my pocket, pouring a small amount of salt into my palm.

Dream's eyes widen and he tries to back up even further.

"No please! I'm sorry! I'm-"

I rub the salt into the large wound on his arm. His screams of agony fill the prison cell as his blood makes it onto my hand, coating it in crimson.

"Next time, you might not be so lucky. Just be thankful I haven't done worse." I kick him in the shin, watching him fall to the floor in pain.

The harm I caused him is enough to make him crumble but not enough to kill him. I smirk, watching as he covers away from me.

Sam let's the lava down, letting me out of Dream's cell.

"Y/N?" Sam questions, looking at by blood covered hand.

"He's fine." Is all I say, referring to Dream. We walk back the way we came into the cell and Sam opens the locker for me to take my things.

I don't even spare a glance at him, leaving the prison as quick as possible.

The journey back home seems to pass by quick but that's probably because I feel the need to wash away the blood on my hands.

"You're back! How did it- Y/N?" Quackity looks at me with concern, scanning me over for any injuries. When he looks at my bloodied hands, he looks in shock.

"You didn't go for food did you?" He knowingly asks and I shake my head, walking over to the sink, washing every bit of blood from my skin.

"What did you do?" Quackity asks, concerned. I smile a bit, turning off the running water whilst drying my hands.

"I just went to stop by Dream's cell. Throught I'd say hello." I smile with a laugh. Quackity places a hand on my shoulder, looking into my eyes.

"I thought you weren't gonna go alone. So next time, we both go." He smirks holding up his axe, ready for when we visit Dream next.