Chapter 42

I walk further and further away until I hear Quackity's voice calling out to me.

"Y/N! I know you don't want to see Tommy right now but you have to come back." Quackity places his hands on both sides of my face.

I look in the distance, hearing voices shouting at each other. I nod my head, walking back with Quackity.

"What you're doing is betraying me Tommy. When I said you didn't have to take part in this, I meant sit it out not betray me for the other side!" Techno exclaims.

"What's going on?" I whisper to Quackity who watches the scene in front of us.

"Tommy joined our side."

Upon hearing his name, Tommy looks at us and to me for a split second before looking away with a guilty expression.

"You're a shitty president Tubbo. Quackity is more of a president than you. I'm more of the L'manburg president than you! Because you let everyone walk all over you! You just gave me the thing that holds the most power!" Dream starts and we watch him carefully.

"I never cared about L'manburg! I just pretended to be your friend so I could get the disc. And now that I have it, I don't care what happens to L'manburg!" Dream exclaims.

He's a vile son of a bitch. Ever since the beginning when I used to live in the Dream SMP with Wilbur and the others, I knew I never liked him.

"Say, Techno? Do you have any withers?"

My heart drops once again. History does indeed repeat itself.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Techno smugly asks and Dream stands by his side.

"I'm thinking exactly what you're thinking. We're gonna destroy L'manburg. And when I say destroy I mean we're gonna finish Wilbur's job." Dream says and we listen as he continues.

"We're not just talking about TNT. We're talking about TNT machines... cannons. We're gonna destroy everything. You have one night. Say your goodbyes."

Dream suddenly rushes away from us all, leaving Technoblade on his own. Surrounded.

"Tommy... give me back my axe. You're not worthy. I was wrong." Techno stands in front of him in an attempt to be intimidating.

"No. You know what Technoblade? I am worthy. And you're not gonna side with Dream to take down L'manburg." Tommy stands up to him.

I smile slightly at his rebellious act. It may get him in trouble but this time... this time he's showing power.

"You know, you've made some unpredictable decisions today. And that's what this is all about. It's about freedom. But all I have to say Tommy... is that I hope you don't come to regret it." Techno pulls out an ender pearl and teleports away from everyone, knowing that he doesn't stand a chance against us.

Each of us stand in silence as Tommy makes his way onto the highest point within the debris.

"Hey listen! I'm sorry for the decisions I have made today." Tommy looks at each of us, knowing that what he said was wrong. In my mind, I can't help but regret what I said too.

"I don't know what's going on here. And none of you... none of you came to see me. But this isn't about that. This is about L'manburg."

At this point, everyone is watching Tommy. Waiting for his next words.

"This is about everything. And if they're coming here tomorrow to try blow this place up then... I'm not gonna say my goodbyes. I'm gonna prepare." Tommt finishes.

Tubbo climbs up the debris to stand bestie him.

"We have twenty one hours." Tubbp announces and everyone tenses up.

After a few moments, I move away from the group to stand beside Tommy who looks shocked. I place a hand on his shoulder and give him a small nod.

"This could be the fight of our lives. That's all we've ever done. All we ever do is fight for blood and for power. But do you know what I say? If we all go down then we all go down together. Because home isn't just the place. It's the people." I raise my sword, vowing to give my life for whatever it takes to protect L'manburg.

"And Tommy I'm sorry... I'm sorry I haven't been a better substitute sibling for you. Everything I said was true. I'm not related to you by blood. I thought you deserve to know that at least. But I'm related to you by family." I open my arms and he throws himself towards me, accepting the hug.

If we're going to be fighting together for our home, we need to not be fighting each other.

Tommy leads us out of the broken community house and down the path. Quackity holds my hand and I give his a light squeeze.

We begin coming up with a plan until another voice speaks up.

"Look... what Dream is doing is wrong and he needs to be stopped. I don't agree with what he is doing. You have me on your side for this." Punz walks up to us and puts away his trident.

Tommy walks up to three chests and stands in front of them.

"We have a day. We need to pull together as a team. Dream will be here at three tomorrow and he doesn't go against his word. We can't afford to fuck this up."

Our group all nod and listen as Tommy explains what we need to do.

"We've got to save L'manburg. Because if he takes L'manburg, what's stopping him from taking everything else."

Everyone begins to cheer. Quackity throws his fist in the air beside me and I do the same. We wrap each other in a tight hug whilst everyone around us chants and shouts.

Tomorrow could be our final battle. L'manburg could stand or it could fall. All I know is that we won't be going down without a fight.

"We have one day. So let's make it count."