Chapter 74

After this mornings events, I finally feel myself letting go of any worry that clouds my mind.

I watch the clock on the wall, noticing the time.

"Shit I'm late! Alistair come with me!" I call out to my wolf who darts towards me as we rush towards the casino exit.

"Y/N." Purpled waves at me but I just give a quick greet back. I haven't seen him around since today. But I'm glad Quackity managed to get him to join our side.

I rush towards the restaurant with Alistair hot on my tail before I slam open the doors, panting.

"Sorry I'm late. I got sidetracked." I make my way over to the table with Alistair by my side.

"It's alright Y/N." Sam gives me a smile which I return. Sam also decided to join us here in Las Nevadas. I'm not sure if it's because he wanted to or if he just wants to spend time with me but either way, it's good to have him here.

"So what are we talking about?" I ask as Quackity straightens his beanie and adjusts the braces over his shoulders.

"We were just discussing a few options as a new ally for Las Nevadas. Have you considered Foolish?" Quackity asks and I shrug.

"I don't see why not. Foolish helped build this country and from what he seems, he would make a great ally." I smile but I watch Sam's face drop from across the table.

"He's dangerous Y/N. He has a bad history." Sam protests which causes me to shrug once again.

"Well so do I. I've done many things I regret." I lean back in my chair, petting Alistair on the head.

"But you didn't kill an entire village." Sam bluntly says and my eyes widen.

"What, he really did that?" I ask in awe, looking over at Quackity who nods with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah he did."

"That's great! Well... not really but... it's the kind of power we need!" I exclaim as Sam shakes his head.

"I'm telling you, this is a bad idea. He's dangerous." He tries to fight for his point but it's no use against Quackity.

"Sam, I understand that you are looking out for us and what's best for the country but we need someone like Foolish." My boyfriend states and I nod in agreement.

"He'll being power Sam. What's better than that?" I smirk and I see Sam get visually frustrated.

"Fine. But I still don't like the idea. He's still dangerous. No matter how much you try to deny it." Sam finishes and I stand up along with Quackity.

"Thank you Sam."

Quackity takes my hand in his, leading me outside as Alistair follows.

"So that went well." I laugh as he sarcastically rolls his eyes at me.

"Yeah I guess. I'm gonna go speak to Foolish tonight. I'm sure I'll find some form of persuasion to get him to join. They always do." Quackity smirks and I pull him closer to me, planting a kiss on his lips.

When we pull away, I look into his eyes with a smile.

"You do have a way with your words." I say causing him to let out a light chuckle.

"Do you want to see Foolish with me later?" He asks but after pondering it for a moment, I shake my head, knowing that he has it under control.

"Nah. I think I'll just stay here and look after the place. Las Nevadas looks quite pretty at night." I admire the large country but Quackity pulls my focus back to him, placing his hand on the side of my face.

"Not as pretty as you." He smiles and I blush, despite us having been dating for ages now.

"Oh hush you. Don't you have business to attend to?" I ask and it looks as if a bulb goes off in his head.

"Oh! Speaking of business, I had a little talk with Dream this morning after I left. I had him write a note to Techno, asking Techno to visit him in prison." He says with a smug look.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm thinking exactly what you're thinking! When Techno gets the note, he'll visit Dream in prison and from there, we can lock him in." My boyfriend replies and I laugh at his genius idea.

"You know, you're very very smart my love." I place one last kiss on his lips before we part ways.

"I'll see you later mi amor!"

I laugh, going back to petting Alistair who barks at me.

Time goes by as the daylight slips away over the sandy horizon. The lights of Las Nevadas lighting up the area almost as clear as day.

Around 10 minutes ago, Quackity left to go speak with Foolish, leaving me here to wonder around aimlessly.

I pick up a twig which I found in the forest, sitting on the large fountain in front of the casino, throwing it in the distance as Alistair runs after it.

When he brings it back to me, I hear a strange noise coming from the restaurant. Alistair hears it too, growling at the mystery sound.

As we walk behind the restaurant, I see a strange gooey green figure in the wall.

"Ahh! What are you!?" I pull out my sword as Alistair gets into a defensive stance beside me.

"Oh I'm definitely a person made of meat and bones!" He exclaims weirdly, flopping out of the wall, landing on the ground.

He looks like a person but not quite. The green goo falls down his face and glasses, onto the rest of his body making him look like... a slime?

"How did you get here? State your business." I hold out my sword but he just smiles at me.

"I've been here for quite some time Y/N from Las Nevadas! Dap me up!"

He walks closer to me but out of fear, I accidentally wave my sword to the side of his head. It doesn't cause a cut, only rendering him unconscious.

Oh shit... oops.