Chapter 40

A few days ago, Techno and Tommy got their way. Tubbo and Ranboo gave them back some of their things and everything went back to normal.

"I wanna show you something." Quackity pulls me through the woods as we head further and further away from L'Manburg.

"What's so important that you have to drag me away from decorating for the festival?" I laugh, going along with it. It's not like I had a choice anyway since he's holding my hand.

"Look."

I widen my eyes as I take it all in. The huge building in front of me which was surrounded by bars and high security. Towers stood at each corner of it with lava flowing inside them.

"What is this? When was this even put here?" I scan the whole building, confused as to when it was even built.

"It's a prison. It was built with high security inside apparently. No one can get in. No one can get out. There is only one person guarding the place right now though. I don't know if you've heard of Sam Nook?"

My heart drops. Quackity saying his name makes me feel sick to my stomach. Why would Sam even be in charge of this place though?

"What's wrong Y/N? Do you... do you know him?" Quackity asks, concerned for me. He tucks a stray piece of hair behind my ear, making sure not to rip of my fresh bandages from my face.

"Yeah. I know him. Look Quackity, I don't know how to say this but Sam... He's my dad." I let it out.

I'm not sure if Sam has told anyone else about his relation to me apart from the select few who already know such as Philza and Techno. I mean, Tommy doesn't even know since he was only a baby when I was brought into their family.

But I do know that I felt a small bit of relief finally telling someone else about it.

"Wait, what? But I thought Philza was your dad?" Quackity becomes confused and I push away the uneasy feeling which tried to resurface.

"Nope. Sam couldn't look after me as a kid so he sent me away to him. Techno and Wilbur knew that I was never actually related to them by blood but they treated me as a family member all the same. Well... did." I tell my boyfriend as he tries to process everything I told him.

"Does Tommy know?" He asks me and I shake my head, no.

"He still thinks we're related. Like actually related. I know that if I tell him, it will break him. He already lost Wilbur. Who knows what Techno might do. I have to be there for him despite our conflict from the other day. He will always be my brother." I finish my small rant, gripping Quackity's hand.

"You know Y/N, you're such a strong person. I mean, I would say human but are you even fully human?" He asks which makes me chuckle. I shake my head holding out my arm.

"Not exactly. I'm half human though. I've been practicing something for the past few days which might come in handy for the festival if anything goes wrong. You wanna see?" I ask, still holding my arm in front of me.

Quackity nods and moves behind me. My arm begins to glitch into colours of green, white and grey just like it has in the past. This time, I'm able to control it.

I feel myself send out a blast, knocking down and exploding a few trees in the nearby area.

"Wow that's hot." Quackity absent mindedly says behind me. I turn and give him a raised eyebrow.

"Shit, I mean. That was cool... I guess."

He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck and I pull I'm in for a kiss. I mean, it's not like we'll be getting much alone time in the oncoming days.

When I pull away, he look awestruck and I straighten his beanie.

"Now that was hot."

"Come on lover boy. We need to get back to decorating for the festival." I laugh, pulling him back towards L'manburg.

When we get there, we see Tubbo who waves us over to him.

"Hey guys, I have good news. Dream confirmed that he will be at the festival. And the best part? He agreed to our no armour policy." Tubbo informs us and I let out a wide grin.

"No way!"

"Yes way."

I smile, looking around at a few other people helping set up for the festival. This might be the best shot we have at ending Dream. Let's not throw it away.

"You know, I think this will work. This time we'll win. Even if this is history repeating itself. Let's just hope history ends the way it's supposed to." I stand proudly, looking around at everyone. Admiring how far we have all come.

"You really do have a way with words Y/N." Tubbo smiles and I raise my hand to my head, saluting in a joking matter. Tubbo does the same before walking away to prepare the final finishing touches for the festival tomorrow.

"He's right you know. You do have a way with words." Quackity speaks up and I smirk, walking closer to him until I'm about 2 inches away from him.

"What about these words. I. Love. You."

In one swift motion, he places his hand on my cheek which wasn't injured and he pulls me in, kissing me once again. Just like every time before, I feel myself get butterflies.

But then we remember that we are out in public and we soon pull away from each other, awkwardly looking around.

A few L'manburg citizens are staring at us and I feel my face heat up. I hide my face in Quackity's chest, not wanting to embarrass myself anymore. He wraps his arms around me and we walk back home needing rest before tomorrow.

Bring on the L'manburg festival.