Chapter 30

For the past few days, everything has been as it should be. Tubbo continued to run L'manburg, the Dream SMP didn't cause too much conflict and Tommy continued to report to Fundy each day.

I smile as I make my way towards George who stands outside his house, looking through a few chests full of supplies.

"Hey George! I thought I'd stop by and see how everything is going. You need any help?" I ask him and he peers his head up from behind the chest.

"Y/N it's good to see you! Well theres not much left to do but you can help if you want." He offers me a small smile as I pick up a plank of wood, laying it onto the connecting part of the roof.

"Hey guys! How's it going?"

Quackity walks up to us, looking up as George and I try to fix his roof paneling. I jump down from the roof, giving Quackity a small peck on the cheek before going over to grab a hammer and nails.

"So... I was thinking..." George starts as Quackity and I stare up at him, awaiting what he has to say.

"What if we start our own country?" He suggests and I look between the pair of them. George has a hopeful look on his face, whilst Quackity looks confused. Disgusted almost.

"What the fuck George?! Why would you even think that? Why would you suggest that?" Quackity seems pissed, considering he's still part of L'manburg along with me.

"Look, I know it sounds completely stupid and out of the blue but-"

"Yeah it does George! We are part of our own nation. L'manburg. We can't just leave our nation for another, right Y/N?" Quackity turns to me, waiting for a response.

"I mean... I don't think it's a bad idea. And I know what you're about to say but here me out! I've lived in L'manburg for quite some time now and I was one of the founders of our nation. But nothing good ever happens there. It's always war and conflict and I know I can handle myself but I don't really feel... safe anymore." I tell him truthfully.

Of course I don't want to leave L'manburg behind and I won't. But I think it will be a good idea to have a second place to fall back on. Just incase something goes wrong again.

Quackity readjusts his beanie and sighs. "I know how you feel Y/N but we can't just abandon L'manburg. It's our home. But... I'll consider it."

I look up at George who offers us a small smile. "I've spoken to a few others about it too. They agreed to join if things turn out well."

"Who agreed to join?" I ask as George removes his white rimmed glasses from his eyes.

"Sapnap, Punz and Karl."

I feel my face drop. Karl has never done anything wrong to me since he has been here. But Sapnap and Punz? That's a different story. They sided with Dream and that says enough.

But then again, could it hurt to have more people on my side?

"Fine... We'll think about it. Thank you George." I say, walking next to Quackity as he look at me from the side.

"What?"

"Are you really considering it?" He asks looking slightly disappointed. I place my hand on the side of his face.

"Not right now. But I get a weird feeling it could bring something good to us in the future. If L'manburg doesn't work out then we will have a new country to fall back on. And if that crumbles, well..." I walk up to him, looking into his eyes then to his lips. When I look back up, his eyes are wide and I smirk.

"We could build a place of our own. Something to outshine everyone else." I take a step back as Quackity let's out a sigh. I laugh at him, knowing that I could possibly sway his mind.

"Well I guess it's a good idea. But for now, we have other things to worry about-"

He gets cut off when we hear a ruckus coming from inside L'manburg.

"Like that." He says, the both of us running as fast as possible towards our current home. A large group of people stand around in the centre of the nation as Tubbo stands on a higher level. Tommy stands next to him while Dream stands opposite them, his arms crossed in a cocky way.

"What's going on?" I whisper to Niki who looks worried. "Tubbo has made a decision about what to do with your brother." She tells me and I furrow my brows.

"But I thought we settled that? He was supposed to report to Fundy every day which he has done." I tell her, looking over at the masked man who appears to be looking back at me.

"Dream said that wasn't enough. Him and Tubbo have come to some sort of agreement." Niki tells me and I look back up at the young president who finally calms everyone down.

"As you know, Tommy recently committed an offense against King Georgenotfound of the Dream SMP. But it has come to a conclusion that his punishment wasn't enough." Tubbo's voice calls out through the streets.

Tommy scoffs and crosses his arms. "What are you gonna do? Keep me in a cell for a month?" He sarcastically asks and he looks at me. I slowly shake my head, knowing that he'll only make the situation worse.

"Tommy. I am so, so sorry. Dream, I have come to the decision... That it would be best for this nation- The most logical thing to do... For Tommy to be exiled from L'Manberg."

The young president looks almost pained saying those words. My heart feels like it drops fifty feet into the ground below me.

Tommy begins yelling curse words as he is lead away by Dream who grips his arm tight.

"Y/N! Y/N! Tell them I did nothing wrong! Y/N please!" Tommy pleads as he is dragged away.

I stand frozen on the spot as I watch him get taken away from our home. His home.

A warm body pulls me in for a hug as u still stand unresponsive, unable to return the warm embrace. Quackity supports me as I feel my legs buck beneath me slightly.

"I'm sorry Y/N... I'm so sorry."