Chapter 61

Sir Billiam, Karl and I all run into the kitchen as Sir Billiam steps through a small entrance which was used as a secret passageway to a panic room. Karl follows him as do I.

We wait for a few minutes as floorboards creak above us. They eventually come to a stop as the lights fade back up.

Before we leave the panic room, I find a few small boxes with jewelry in. I pick up a box with a pair of golden cufflinks shaped as small wings.

I take the box, hiding it in my pocket. I can give these to Quackity as a present when we get home. I'm sure Sir Billiam won't even notice their gone.

We walk around the mansion to find the butler staring at Oliver's dead body on the ground, claiming it was a heart attack.

"It's him. We have to go." I whisper to Karl who walks away with me. Sir Billiam follows along as we continue to run away from the butler who follows us.

"Stand by the door over there." Sir Billiam orders his butler to do so. He nods as we run away to hide. This time, we make our way through a hidden passage which was behind a painting.

My eyes widen and I feel my heart drop. In front of us stands a very familiar object. Something I recognise from back home.

"This is the egg! Don't be shy, come say hello!" Sir Billiam exclaims and I shake my head, backing away.

"What is this place?" Karl asks as Sir Billiam looks around proud.

"This is where I keep the egg. I found this place when I was on my travels. I decided to renovate the mansion around the egg and since then, it's been growing." Sir Billiam smiles, gesturing to the egg. His eyes have a hint of red in them as he gets closer to the egg.

"You need to get rid of that thing!" I shout and Karl nods beside me.

"No. You see, the egg feeds on people. Poor people of course." He laughs which makes me sick to the stomach.

"Karl, this is just like the egg back home." I whisper to him and he nods, backing us away from Sir Billiam.

"The egg is in control. It means no harm of course but it takes control of your mind. It desires to be fed in order to grow." Sir Billiam hands Karl and I a bowl of red soup each.

"Eat it. You can join us. There's a reason the two of you are still alive. Why do you think the others were killed? They were only upper middle class!" Sir Billiam laughs ominously as Karl drags me towards the exit. However, just as we leave the room, the butler stands in the way, pushing us back into the room.

The lights begin to flicker for the last time.

"The egg is hungry." Sir Billiam smirks as the butler pulls out a sword.

My eyes widen as Karl and I rush past him, running aimlessly through the mansion. We eventually get backed into a corner as the butler slowly walks up to us.

He raises his sword and I prepare for it to swing down. I close my eyes but a flash of light engulfs Karl and I as we fall backwards into the portal which we arrived in. I let out a huff as we hit the grass.

We're back.

I take in the surroundings of Kinoko Kingdom, letting out a small joyous laugh, letting myself lay down in the grass for a moment before turning back to Karl.

"Wanna explain what the fuck that was about?" I question as he pulls me out of sight of anyone else. He drags me back to his house, closing the door behind us.

"You can't tell anyone about what just happened okay? I can basically travel through time buy if anyone else finds out, it could lead to chaos." He blurs out which I find hard to believe even though I just saw it with my own eyes.

"Promise you won't say a thing!" He holds out his pinky finger and I interlock it with mine as a pinky promise.

"I swear." I smile and he nods.

He let's me out of his house, waving a goodbye as I leave. I make my way over to my old house in Kinoko Kingdom, grabbing a few items which I need to bring Las Nevadas.

I look around and let out a small smile. I'm gonna miss this place. But I've moved on to bigger things.

I rush as fast as I possibly can towards Las Nevadas. The large sign glowing in the distance, despite it being daytime.

I run down the road towards the casino. The sound of slot machines and music making me feel at home as I rush towards the elevator.

I press the button to the penthouse rapidly, excited just to see Quackity again. Despite Drew not actually being Quackity, his death still felt like it was Quackity who had died.

I hear the elevator ding as the doors slowly open.

"Quackity are you home!?" I call out. He slowly emerges from the games room, a smile plastered on his face.

I drop all my bags, running straight towards him. He wraps his arms around my back and I pull him in for a tight, desperate hug.

I pull him in for a desperate kiss, discarding all the previous events from the masquerade. Quackity eventially pulls away from me and looks in shock.

"What's gotten you so excited? You've only been gone for twenty minutes!" He laughs to himself. It may have been twenty minutes for him but for me, it was hours of torture.

"I just missed you!" I exclaim happily. He smiles at me, pulling me into his chest.

"Oh wait! I have something for you!" I reach my hand into my pocket, pulling out the small box I stole from Sir Billiam earlier. I hand it to Quackity who excitedly opens it.

"Y/N I love them!" He exclaims, threading the cufflinks through his shirt.

He pulls me in for another kiss as he places his hands on the side of my face.

It's great to be back home.