Chapter 97

The next few days, Quackity and I spend most of our time together either in the penthouse planning for the wedding or taking a nice stroll hand in hand.

We decided that the wedding will be in a few days which makes me nervous.

What if he backs out last minute and leaves me alone to look stupid? But I know he won't do that. He loves me.

But what if someone objects to the marriage? That won't happen because there is no one who can stop us.

I shake away the negative thoughts as Quackity waves a hand in front of my face, a smile plastered onto his face.

"Y/N... hey, welcome back to the land of the living!" He jokes and I push him lightly which causes him to lose his balance. He falls backwards into a bush and disappears.

I laugh once he sits up, his clothes slightly dirty and his beanie almost falling from his head, his hair full of leaves.

I can't control myself anymore, letting out a loud and possibly obnoxious laugh, offering out a hand for my fiance to take.

"Sorry, I didn't think you'd actually fall." I try to calm myself down but when I look at the expression on Quackity's face, I can't help but let out a wheeze.

"Ha ha you're very funny Y/N. You know, sometimes I wonder why I asked you to marry me." He crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow.

"You're acting as if you asked me to marry you years ago love. You make it sound like we're a really old couple." I laugh which cracks a smile from him.

"Well maybe I've been thinking about asking you for some time." He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

Wait- hold on a minute.

"Is that why you've been acting so strange recently? All the awkwardness and going to ask me a question but then you back out of it?" I ask and he let's out a huff of air.

"Maybe it was, so what? At least I asked you." He says the last part almost like a sulking child and I kiss him quickly on the cheek.

"Yes you did. And I said yes." I reply, almost proud. I am so proud to almost be his for partner which will be official in a few days.

"Anyway, you... need to get changed. I'm sorry for ruining you're clothes." I watch him grumble, giving a small nod.

"Fine. I'll meet you back at the fountain?"

"Of course."

He turns towards the casino to head to our home. I however, find myself wondering over to the restaurant. Tubbo has a shift to work today and I'm curious to see how he's getting on.

"Tubbo! How's it going?" I smile and announce my presence. He stops cleaning the empty table for a moment and rushes towards me, giving me a small hug.

"It's going great Y/N! The people have been nice to me just like you said. And look, I even get good tips!" He holds out a fair stack of extra money.

I'm glad he's enjoying himself. I was kinda worried that he wouldn't enjoy working here.

"That's great! I'm glad you're liking it here to far." I smile and I see him look down at my hand for a split second.

The light shines in through the fairly large glass window making the ring on my finger shine beautifully.

Tubbo's jaw drops and he let's out a loud, dramatic gasp.

"You're- you're... Are you engaged?!" He exclaims and I give him a wide smile, nodding my head slightly.

"Oh my god! Congratulations Y/N! I'm so happy for you." Tubbo can't control himself and clings onto me in a bone crushing hug. Despite not being able to breathe, I hug him back.

"I see Tubbo just found out about our recent engagement." Quackity laughs as he enters the restaurant. Tubbo pulls away from me and rushes over to Quackity.

"Congratulations man! But I swear, if you ever break her heart, I'll be coming for you." Tubbo states, trying to be like a defensive brothers despite him being younger than me.

"Don't worry Tubs. He won't." I grin and Quackity places an arm around my waist as I lay my head on his arm.

"Wait... does that mean me and Michael can be the ring bearers of your wedding?!" Tubbo asks excitedly. I give a small nod to the boy who looks like he's about to burst with joy.

"Yes!!! Thank you so much! Who's your best man Big Q?" Tubbo asks curiously.

"Well we couldn't decide on who it should be so we came to a decicion, probably a bad decicion, that Tommy and Charlie will be the two best men." Quackity tells him and I roll my eyes at him. Tommy's gonna be on his best behaviour. I'll make sure of it.

"Oooo what about your bridesmaids Y/N?" He proceeds to ask and I get excited.

"Well I've spoken to a few people who are happy to be my bridesmaids and such. So it will be Niki, Puffy and of course Eret really wants to as well." I feel my excitement overtake me just thinking about our wedding day.

"Awww, you're so kind Y/N." Tubbo says and of course I thank him. He's also super excited for the big day and can't wait to attend.

"The wedding will be in a few days time. Right now we are having a new place being built for the wedding which will be just across from church prime." I explain and Tubbo nods, taking a mental note.

"Anyway, we better be off now Tubbo. I hope you get on well the rest of today. See you later." Quackity places an arm around me and I wave goodbye to the young brunette boy.

"So what do you wanna do now?" I ask as Quackity leads me into the woods. A small picnic area with fairy lights sits in the middle of the area.

"I want to spend some time with my fiance." He kisses my cheek and we sit down to have a bit of peace and quiet together.