Chapter 80

"Ugh! The nerve he has showing his face here after all he caused! I don't give a fuck if he thinks he's redeemed himself, I don't want him anywhere near our country!" I exclaim, pacing around the woods just outside of Las Nevadas.

I decided to take a walk with Quackity to try calm myself down. But it seems that it isn't working.

"I know Y/N. I know." He rubs my back gently to try soothe me. Alistair sitting by my side, hit fluffy tail wagging.

"We've been through so much Quackity... I can't let him take this all away from us." I sigh, trying not to think about it too much.

"I think you deserve a break. So how about this, tomorrow, we go for a little picnic maybe? I'll make your favorite foods and bring a little blanket out here. How does that sound?" My boyfriend suggests to try bring my mood back up.

Suddenly my mind goes back to when all this started. I think back to the time around the election when I first met Quackity. If someone told me this is where we would be today, I don't think I would believe them.

He means the world to me and I won't let anyone take that away from me.

"Y/N? Hello?..." he waves a hand in front of my face with a large smile. I shake my head and return a slight smile.

"That would be lovely Quackity."

He gently takes my hand, placing a kiss on top of it which causes me to blush a little bit.

"Oh! I forgot to mention, Technoblade should be on his way to the prison as we speak." Quackity smirks, twirling one of his playing cards in his fingers.

"Is this about the letter?" I ask curiously, watching as he nods his head.

"Yeah it is. He thinks Dream wants to see him in prison. So when he gets there, Sam will be locking him in with Dream. Permanently." He finishes and I let out a small chuckle.

"You know, you really are quite smart. When I first met you, I thought you'd be a dumb idiot. No offense." I give him a cheeky grin, waiting for him to say something.

"How am I not supposed to be offended by that? I'm not an idiot. Besides, I was- I... uhhh..." he tries to form a sentence but it doesn't quite come out.

"You? You what?" I mock him and he cross his arms like a little kid.

"I was... kind of scared of you at first. I didn't want to admit it though but you scared the crap out of me." He rubs his neck awkwardly and I pinch his cheeks to mock him.

"Awww, is my little boyfriend intimidated by me?" I ask and he shoves my hand away.

"Was! Not anymore." He huffs and I give him a small nudge as he tries to tackle me.

Alistair begins wagging his tail at a rapid pace, trying to join in on the play fighting and soon enough, Quackity and I are laying the grass, staring up at the clouds with Alistair by my side.

"What do you think will happen to this place? In the future I mean." Quackity turns to me, placing his hand over mine.

"Honestly I'm not sure. But I hope that everything goes back to the way it was before all the wars. Everyone was happy then. There was no fighting, no Eggpire, nothing. Even L'manburg didn't exist." Quackity looks at me to elaborate.

"Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy being a part of L'manburg when it existed but that place was never built to last. I always knew there would be a darkness looming over every part of that country. I knew it would fall eventually." I give Quackity a soft smile and place my head on his chest as we stay laying in the grass.

Time passes by slowly, the two of us spending time together talking about everything and nothing. But as the sun eventually sets, we realise that we have to get back to Las Nevadas.

"We should start heading back." I stand up, offering Quackity a hand up which he takes.

We start walking back home but I stop moving when I notice a small light in the distance.

"Hey Quackity, I think I left something back there. You head home. I'll catch up with you in a bit." I make an excuse but he seems to buy it, walking back home in the dark.

Alistair stays by my side as I wait for Quackity to disappear out of sight. Once he does, I sneak my way over to the light, noticing a medium sized cobblestone building being built on top of a hill.

I crouch between the foliage, sneaking over to the stairs and walk up them silently enough to not be noticed.

Alistair follows me at my side, also trying to stay hidden. If we get caught, we could be killed. Who knows who owns this place.

When we make it to the top, I hear two voices coming from inside.

"What if we placed it over there?"

"I guess it could work."

Tubbo and Ranboo? Why are they building right outside Las Nevadas? Quackity can't find out about this or else he's gonna be pissed.

I peek my head up slightly to look through the large window but still stay low so I won't be seen.

"Are you sure it's a good idea for us to be building this here? Las Nevadas is not far away." Ranboo asks Tubbo with an unsure voice.

"Meh. As long as he doesn't find out then we should be okay. But if he does, I'm sure Y/N will stick up for us." Tubbo responds, the smile evident in his voice.

"Well it's a good job I'm not mad then." I laugh, coming out of my hiding spot behind the window, giving the two of them a smile.

"Hello boys."