Chapter 76

I lead Charlie through the streets of Las Nevadas, looking for Quackity.

The last place we have to check is at the needle. And my suspicions are correct. At the very top of the tall white building, I see Quackity's figure staring over that railing.

"Alright Charlie, Quackity is up there. I'd like to introduce you to him now so follow me carefully." I give him a small smile, leading him up the tower.

"Y/N, who is this?" Quackity directs a finger towards Charlie who looks around behind me.

"Quackity, I'd like you to meet Charlie. He's going to be the newest member of Las Nevadas." I smile as Charlie rushes over to us.

"Hello Quackity from Las Nevadas! Dap me up!" He exclaims, holding out his fist. Quackity stares in utter confusion.

"Uh, Y/N can I have a word?" He asks, leading me over to one of the tables across the room.

"I know what you're about to say but I'm gonna stop you there. I found him inside the wall of the restaurant. He's seen a lot of things Quackity. He's sneaky and great at hiding. He'd be a great spy for us." I give Quackity a reassuring smile, taking his hands in mine from across the table.

"But who's time say he's not a spy for someone else?"

"I trust him Quackity. You should too." I look over at Charlie who messes around in the floor, sinking into in then emerging to the surface again.

"Fine. I trust you and your judgement, so I guess I can trust him." My boyfriend sighs and I smile.

"Good. Anyway, what about Foolish? Did you speak to him?" I ask, curious to know if he will be joining us.

"I did. He seemed like he wasn't going to join at first but with a little bit of persuasion, I think we'll be seeing him around real soon." Quackity smirks, leaning back in his chair.

"Good. Now, you have to introduce yourself to Charlie." I drag him over to the table which Charlie was sitting on.

"Hello Y/N and Quackity from Las Nevadas! What can I do for you?" Charlie smiles and I gesture to Quackity.

"Hello Charlie. I'm Quackity but I'm sure you know that already. It's nice to know you'll be joining Las Nevadas." Quackity smiles at the slime who holds his fist out once again.

"Dap me up!" He exclaims and I gesture for Quackity to fist bump him. He looks extremely hesitant and kind of disgusted at first but eventually, his fist meets Charlie's.

When he pulls away, slime drips from his hand, just like mine did before.

"So... Charlie. Where did you come from?" Quackity questions, folding his arms over his chest.

"Oh you know. Nowhere and everywhere. The ground mostly." Charlie smiles, a small bit of slime dripping from his glasses.

I get a feeling of guilt, knowing that I shouldn't have gotten Charlie to join our country. He's too innocent to be brought into a world of chaos.

But the more allies we have, the more power we gain. And no one can strive without the help of power.

"Interesting. How about Y/N here gets you suited up? How would you like to wear a suit?" Quackity asks Charlie who looks confused.

"What's a suit?" He asks and I gesture to Quackity who has his dark blue suit jacket over his shirt and braces and his matching trousers.

"That's a suit. It makes you look smart and well dressed. It shows other people that you possess money and power." I smile and Charlie nods his head.

"Alright. Quackity, I'll take Charlie for a suit. I shouldn't be too long so I'll meet you back at the penthouse when you're ready." I give him a quick kiss, taking Charlie back to the penthouse.

I call in mine and Quackity's personal taylor, watching as comes rushing in with his materials.

"What can I do for you today?" The taylor smiles and I gesture towards Charlie who waves at the taylor.

"If you wouldn't mind, I would like you to design a suit for my dear friend Charlie here. Preferably a green one." I smile as the taylor gets to work right away.

Charlie laughs and bounces on his heels as the taylor takes all his measurements.

"Right, that should be good. I'll be back with the suit tomorrow." The taylor smiles and I wave him goodbye as he passes Quackity on his way out.

"Hello again Quackity from Las Nevadas!" Charlie exclaims with innocence as Quackity wonders over to us.

"Hello Charlie. And hello gorgeous." He smiles at me with a wink causing me to blush for like the millionth time.

"So Charlie, I know you don't have anywhere to stay, so how would you like to stay in the spare room for now? We can get you a place set up another day." I offer but he just looks guilty.

"Oh that would be great Y/N from Las Nevadas. But I don't want to bother you. I could just sleep in the ground down there!" He points out the large window down to the streets.

"Nonsense! You're welcome to sleep here for a few nights! Right love?" I nudge Quackity who gives me a look which reads 'you serious?' causing me to nudge him more.

"Yeah, sure. You can sleep in the spare room over there." Quackity points to the room, the other of us watching Charlie dart off like a little child.

My boyfriend sighs beside me as he rubs his eyes, his fingers running over the scar on his eye.

"I don't like this idea Y/N but I'm sure it'll be okay for now. He doesn't seem like the type of person to betray put trust." Quackity says, leaning his head on mine and I smile.

"I'm glad you think so. I'm sure he'll be a good asset to Las Nevadas. Let's hope we see Foolish soon." I say with a smirk.

Maybe, just maybe, we could find more allies along the way too.