Chapter 73

I open my eyes only to see a black void around me.

"Hello?!" I call out but the only thing that replies is my own voice echoing back at me.

I carefully stand up, walking towards the void further and further until I see two figures. I can tell Quackity is one of them. But who is the other?

"Quackity? What's going o-" I try to run but I feel my body hit an invisible barrier.

Quackity slowly turns to me, a blank expression on his face. Then the other figure turns around but their face is blocked by a shadow, the only thing visible being the one red eye.

"He's back... he's back... he's back..." Quackity repeats in a monotone voice which sends shivers down my spine.

"Who?! Who's back?!" I yell but the two figures only stare at me blankly.

"He's back."

Suddenly, I feel myself falling through the void, my hair flying upwards as I land in a mass of red string which attaches itself to my limbs.

"Y/NNNNNN... hahahahahaha!" A voice taunts me, laughing magically which strikes fear through me.

"Dream?! Wha- how the fuck are you doing this?" I quiver in fear as his laugh taunts me.

"It's all in your head Y/N. You figure that out. I'm just your own imagination." He laughs as I try to escape the red string holding me above the void.

"What did Quackity mean by 'he's back?' Who? Who's back?" I call out but the only reply I get is one sentence.

"You'll figure that out soon enough."

I feel myself falling once again, screaming out as my heart drops.

I open my eyes in distress, panting with sweat covering my body. I turn to the side to see Quackity caressing the side of my face with wide, alert eyes.

"Y/N what happened?!" He asks as I calm myself down, allowing my breathing to slow its pace.

"Nightmare." I whisper out as Quackity strokes my hair, allowing me to calm myself.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He questions but I only shake my head, not wanting to relive the moment anymore.

"I think I'm gonna just take a walk. Clear my head." I tell him and he nods in understanding, getting back under the covers to fall asleep once again.

I sigh, getting dressed before taking the elevator down to the casino. The small doors open once I feel the elevator stop, revealing the large amount of people gambling away.

But as soon as I step out if the elevator, they all stop. They turn to me, staring. Every. Single. Person.

All eyes on me.

My nerves kick in, making me feel uneasy as I try my hardest not to look at them. But they don't stop. Their eyes follow me as I rush to the exit but a hand grips my wrist tightly.

"He's back..."

I pull my arm away from them, rushing out of the casino, people still staring at me as I run through the streets and away from Las Nevadas.

After a fair amount of running, I make it back to the smp, placing my hand on the community house as I catch my breath.

In the distance, I see Punz walking towards me and I smile, thankful for a familiar face.

"Punz! Oh thank fuc-"

"He's back..."

What? Why does everyone keep saying this? Why is everyone acting so strange?

I back away only to bump into two bodies behind me.

"He's back..." Eret and Fundy say in sync, sending a chill down my spine.

"Okay guys, this isn't funny! I don't know who put you up to this but you need to stop." I back away from them again, trying to run out of the community house, but the third exit is blocked by George, Sapnap and Karl.

"He's back..."

I begin to panic, turning myself around to run through the last exit only to be stopped by Niki.

"He's back..."

The only way out is from the roof. I rush up the stairs, the others following me in a trance like state, repeating the same words over and over again.

I make it to the roof, looking down at the water below the community house. Not too big of a fall.

I allow myself to dive into the water, resurfacing after a few moments. I watch as the others stare down at me and I flip them off, getting out of the water.

Next I run towards Tommy's house to try find him but I'm met with Tubbo, Ranboo and Jack as I run down the prime path.

"He's back..."

"No, no, no! Not you too." I cry out, running past them at full speed before they get a hold on me.

I run towards Tommy's house but all I find is a wooden sign on his door.

Meet me at L'manburg.

I break the sign, making my way over to where L'manburg used to be as quick as possible.

When I arrive, I see a familiar red and white shirt. Tommy is facing away from me as I walk towards him carefully.

"Tommy?..."

He turns around. The dark bags under his eyes visible amongst the masses of cuts and bruises on his face.

"Tommy..." I back away but he quickly grabs my shoulders, staring at me with pure terror.

"He's back..."

Suddenly, he pushes me backwards and I feel myself falling through a hole in the glass, falling to my demise.

However, instead of hitting the broken ground under the glass, I find myself landing on the floor of the prison cell Dream is in.

"He's back Y/N..." Dream laughs as Sam walks over to me from the small bridge.

"Sam... Sam stop. What are you- Stop! Dad stop!" I scream out as he pulls me towards the lava, letting go.

I feel my skin burning as I fall into the lava, Dream's laughs echoing around me.

I jolt up in pure shock, this time Quackity isn't next to me. I let out an ear piercing scream as Quackity comes darting into the room.

He brings me into a tight embrace, gently stroking my hair to calm me.

"Shhhh... it's okay. It was just a dream. I'm here..." he comforts me as I melt into his arms.

The dream wasn't real. But what did everyone in the dream mean?

He's back...