Chapter 101

I cover my eyes as the sun shines through the small gap in the curtains, trying not to make my headache any worse.

After the celebration yesterday, everyone left on a high. But I think some of us had a little too much to drink.

"Good morning sleepy head." Quackity walks into the room with a tray of breakfast and water. I groan and cover my head up with the covers which causes him to laugh.

"Morning." I say in a raspy voice as my husband places the tray next to me on the bedside table.

It still seems strange to call him my husband.

"What time is it?" I uncover my head to look at Quackity who slips into bed beside me. He helps me to sit up and holds out some painkillers and water to me. I thank him, taking them.

"It's 11:30." He says as he watches me eat the breakfast he made me. My heart warms at the small gesture.

"I guess the party got a little bit wild last night, huh?" I ask and take a bite of my toast.

"You don't say. I don't know how much everyone had to drink but it was more than enough. I'm pretty sure your brother stole someones drink too." Quackity tells me with a slight laugh.

"What?! That little shit." I exclaim, finally more awake than before.

"He's fine though. Tubbo helped him get home. At least he wasn't really drunk. Just tipsy. Unlike Jack. He disappeared for about an hour and came back to the party with some sort of clown face paint on."

A few memories from last night come back to me and I smile, reminiscing thr fun time we all had, despite Wilbur trying to ruin it.

"I suppose it was quite fun." I smile, finishing my food and cuddling into Quackity who wraps me in his arms as we lay together as a finally married couple.

"It feel weird doesn't it?" I break the comforting silence.

"What does?"

"Being married. But like, a good weird." I let out a content sigh, happy to be in his arms.

"Yeah it does." He smiles and let's go of his train of thought. Soon enough though, he's speaking up about something that has been on my mind.

"Y/N, how did Wilbur find out about the wedding? You don't think...?" Quackity starts and I feel my heart drop.

No one else would have told him because they strictly swore not to say anything. But there is one person who could have told him. A person who I thought I could trust not to say anything. Someone who broke that trust.

That person is Ranboo.

"I think- what if it was Ranboo? No, it was Ranboo. He was the only one who could have told Wilbur." I slightly shake my head with a disappointed sigh.

"Even if he did Y/N, they didn't stick around for long which was good. They didn't ruin our special day." He says softly, gently running his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah you're right. I mean, you usually are." I say which causes Quackity to smirk at me.

"Of course I am. So are you." He wraps his arms around me even more and I lay my head on his chest.

The comforting heartbeat is like a soft metronome which counts down the seconds of life, ticking down each moment as you get closer to death.

"Love, do you think we'll be okay?" I ask out of the blue and Quackity gives me a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" He asks curiously with a slight worried tone in his voice.

"Everything has been going well recently for us. We had a perfect wedding. We have a perfect country. I have you and you have me. I just feel like the world is gonna come back to bite us in the back." I nervously chew the skin on my lip, trying to take my mind off it.

"I hope not. But if something does happen, just know that we'll be okay. I'll even have Foolish or Sam make an escape home on an island somewhere if it makes you feel better." My husband says, caressing the side of my face gently as I lean into his touch.

"It's okay. I think I'm just being paranoid." I try to brush away the uneasy feeling again but it won't go away.

The thoughts fester in my mind one negative thought connecting to the other like red string connecting key information on a case file.

"I know what you're thinking Y/N. I've known you long enough to know what goes on in that beautiful mind of yours. Please stop worrying." Quackity rubs circles on my arm and I feel myself falling back into a relaxed state, my headache finally beginning to wear off.

The door to our room is gently pushed open and Alistair comes into the room, jumping onto the bed as he curls up in front of us. I run my fingers over his fur as he let's out a content sigh.

No one else in the penthouse is awake yet. Charlie is probably still passed out from the little amount of alcohol he had. Tubbo is probably still asleep with Michael after the two of them came home.

"Yeah you're right. I'm just overthinking things. I'm just worried, that's all. I love you." I lean into him even more if that's possible. I begin to let go of all the negativity and snuggle into him.

"I love you too, mi amor." He kisses the top of my head with a smile. Alistair let's out a single bark sitting in front of us with his fluffy grey tail wagging.

"Yeah yeah, we love you too buddy." I laugh, petting the top of his head as be smiles happily at the two of us.

This is my perfect little family. And I wouldn't change it for the world.