Chapter 60

"Guys! Is everyone okay?" Karl asks as we all regroup in the main entrance room. Everyone mutters a 'yeah' or nods.

"Wait where's the poor person?"

We all look around to find Qu- Drew gone. Something's not right.

"Guys let's split up to look for Drew." Karl suggests as we all part ways. I wonder down each of the halls in search of him but I'm stopped in my tracks as I hear a scream coming from the library.

I instantly turn around and meet everyone in the library.

And there he is. His blood on the bookshelves as he hangs out from between them.

"Oh no..." Lyaria gasps, placing a hand over her mouth. I stare in pure horror at the sight in front of me.

"Uhhh I think we need to leave. The mansion will lose profit if anyone finds out someone died here but he was a poor person so it's okay." Sir Billiam hands out gold to each of us, telling us to keep quiet.

"So does anyone have an idea on what's going on?" I question but everyone shakes their heads.

"Maybe we should look for clues again." Karl suggests as we split up again. I run my fingers along a painting, checking to see if there was a secret entrance. But once again, the lights flicker off.

"Oh shit..."

I creep down the hallway, trying to find a hiding spot. A hand grips my arm, dragging me into a bathroom.

Karl shushes me as he stands behind the bath curtain. We stay silent. Listening.

The floorboards of the mansion creaking in the background when suddenly, the lights flash back on.

"We need to go home. Right now Karl." I say in a stern tone but he just shakes his head.

"We can't yet. We're stuck here until we figure out what's going on. That's part if what happens when you time travel." He replies and I follow behind him aimlessly.

"Lyaria's gone." Lord Sebastian points to her lifeless body placed on top of a few barrels.

"Guys someone's drowning!"

We rush towards a fish tank where Oliver is stuck. He tries to hold his breath but let's out a few air bubbles. Everyone panics, shouting and pointing to a small exit to the tank just above him. He swims up, making his way out.

We meet him on the top floor as he shivers in shock.

"Where was everyone when the lights went out?" Karl asks, looking at everyone except me since I was with him the whole time.

"I- I was- I was protecting the wine. You know like all rich people should do." Lord Sebastian fights his case which seems sketchy.

Karl takes him into a separate room to talk as James walks over to me.

"So Y/N, where are you from?" He asks and everyone looks at me. I need a good excuse. What am I supposed to tell them I traveled through time?!

"Well you could say I'm from nowhere and everywhere. My parents were very wealthy and left me with a lot of money so I decided to go travel the world." I lie with a smile but they seem to buy it.

"I see."

The lights once again flicker before the mansion goes dark. Not again.

We split up from each other and I somehow manage to find Karl again along with Lord Sebastian. We hide in a wardrobe just like I did before.

Soon after, the left door swings open as Lord Sebastian is dragged out in front of us, being killed on the spot. The killer obviously not seeing Karl and I.

Once the killer walks away, the lights turn back on and we step out of the closet.

"Guys we found the body!" Karl yells as we stare at Lord Sebastian's lifeless body nestled in a thick bed of cobwebs.

This timeline is seriously messed up.

"We need to figure something out. And fast." I say as we all think of a plan.

"Oliver, you stay with James. Sir Billiam, Y/N and I will all stay together. Butler, you go do your normal duties." Karl suggests as the butler nods, acting slightly strange but no one notices.

"We need to find a place to hide." Karl takes us into a room where we look for a good hiding spot.

"In here." Sir Billiam opens a small area which was a secret spot to hide in. The area is quite small but it will do the job.

We climb down the ladder just as the lights flicker off once again.

Karl pulls out a torch, shining it in the dark. As he does, I notice a small purple book with an aqua coloured swirl on it. It was hung at the side of Karl by a gold chain.

"Karl what's that?" I point to the book and he moves if out of my view.

"Nothing. I'll explain later."

The lights come back up once again and we take that as our cue to leave. This time, we find James lifelessly strung across the floor with Oliver watching over him.

"Well this looks suspicious." Sir Billiam states as Oliver begins stuttering nervously.

"No no! I- I swear it wasn't me! It's not me!" He defends himself. Well it's definitely not James since he's now dead!

"Look... what if it's the butler." I suggest and everyone locks eyes on Ranb- the butler. God they all look the same and it's creeping me out.

"It could be." Karl agrees as Sir Billiam nods.

"Butler, I give you three words for fight your case." He explains as the butler thinks.

"It's not me." Is all he says which is a totally kind of funny. But still, even a killer would defend themselves.

The butler begins explaining where he was when the lights went out in an attempt to fight his case. But to be honest the alibi doesn't really add up.

Once again, the lights flicker before going completely dark.

Great. Here we go again.