Chapter 59

"I won't be long!" I call out to Quackity asni leave Las Nevadas and make my way over to Kinoko Kingdom.

"Y/N where have you been? Where's Quackity?" Karl asks me and I awkwardly think about how to break the news to him.

"Karl... I don't know how to tell you this so I'm gonna be straight with you. Quackity and I... we're leaving." I watch as Karl's usual smile drops, instantly making me feel saddened by his hurt expression.

"No you can't just leave us like that." He frowns, walking away but I go after him.

"Karl, I'll come visit! I promise but Quackity and I have our own place now." I say in a soft tone to try keep him calm.

"Did this mean nothing to the both of you? Did we mean nothing to you?" Karl asks, referring to both Kinoko Kingdom and the others who live here.

"Yes of course! But-"

"Save it Y/N..." he sadly walks away. I follow him, trying to get his attention.

"Karl no! Please I'm sorry. You have to understand. We-" I run after him but I see him with a book in hand behind a building. He's staring at a portal which is covered in multicolored spirals. He steps into it, disappearing from the world.

I let my curiosity get the better of me as I step into the portal after him. I feel my body float in the air as multicolored patterns surround me.

Voices which sound like both my friends and enemies surround me. I try to latch onto something but I can't.

Eventually, the colours around me fade and I fall to the ground, landing on a patch of grass.

"Ow!" I yell, brushing the dirt off my clothes. I look up at a large white mansion which stands in front of me.

What just happened? Where am I?

I begin walking towards the huge mansion when I feel a hand tap my shoulder. I turn around instantly to face the person who the hand belongs to.

"Karl? Oh thank god!" I bring him into a hug and he looks shocked.

"Y/N you're not supposed to be here." He frowns and I shrug.

"You left open the weird portal. Of course I'm gonna follow you." I laugh but he keeps a serious face, walking up to the mansion.

I run up beside him as we enter the large building.

"Hello?" Karl calls out as we admire our surrounding.

"Who are you?" A voice asks, appearing next to us. I recognize that voice.

"Techno?" I ask in surprise which only confuses the man in the mask and suit.

"Who's Techno? I'm Sir Billiam." He looks at me confused which makes me raise an eyebrow. What in God's name is going on?

"Sir Billiam! It's nice to meet you. My name is Karl and this is Y/N." Karl gestures to me as Sir Billiam nods.

"What are you doing at my mansion? I didn't invite poor people to the party." He says with the same monotone voice.

Why does he look and sound exactly like Technoblade?

"Oh we're not poor. In fact, we're quite rich. Right Y/N?" Karl turns to me and I nod my head, still in shock from everything that's happening.

"Oh, good. May I offer you a drink then?" Sir Billiam calls for his butler who rushes into the room holding a platter of drinks.

"Ranboo?" I ask but he stays silent, only shaking his head, no.

"Excuse us for a moment." I politely say to them, pulling Karl over to a corner.

"What the fuck is going on here?" I whisper yell at Karl who awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

"Well right now, we're sort of in another universal timeline. It's hard to explain but you just have to believe me okay?" He tells me and I nod, keeping my mouth shut.

Guests with fancy clothing and masquerade masks file into the building, introducing themselves.

But a familiar voice draws my attention.

"Hello!"

I watch as Quackity steps through the door with a red face covering, wearing little to no clothing. My eyes widen as I rush over to him, pulling him in for a hug.

"Quackity!"

Karl pulls me off of him as everyone else in the room looks disgusted.

"No. My name's Drew P.Weiner." he tells us and I instantly remember about what Karl said about being in an alternate timeline.

"We a peasant." Sir Billiam steps back along with the others. I step back, bumping into someone.

"Careful Y/N." I hear a voice that sounds like Sapnap.

"I'm so sorry..." I wait for him I give me is name. He picks up my hand, placing a small kiss on the top of it.

"James." He smiles and I give him a small nod, pulling my hand away.

God I wish I was back in Las Nevadas with Quackity right now. What have I gotten myself into?

"If you would all follow me..." Sir Billiam leads us into a large red carpeted room as we all look around.

"This is where I have most of my formal gatherings." He announces as we all nod.

Not long after entering the room, the lights begin go flicker.

"Hey what's going on?" Everyone panics, splitting up. Eventually, I'm left alone in the darkness.

"Guys?" I call out but hear nothing. I wonder up the main staircase, seeing a shadow at the end of the hallway with a sword in hand.

I quickly rush into the nearest room, looking for a place to hide. I step inside a large wardrobe, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

I hear the door open and footsteps enter the room. The person walks around for a moment, stopping just outside the wardrobe I'm in.

I hold my breath, praying that they don't open the doors. However, when they leave the room, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I need a way back to our own timeline. Pronto.