Chapter 9

For a moment, everything feels quiet.

Everything feels numb.

Grey clouds form around me until everything turns white. Am I dead? Is it finally over for me?

I try to move but I feel as if I'm stuck in one spot. Until a faint voice hollers my name.

"Y/N! Shit, where are you? Please be okay. Please be okay." A very familiar voice says. As the cloud of white and grey smoke disappears, I come face to face with a distraught Quackity.

"You're alive. H-How?" Quackity asks, completely bewildered. I look over each part of my body from my arms to my feet, touching my face.

How am I alive?

"I- What? I have no idea. That creeper just blew up. I should be... dead." I finish. Quackity pulls me in for a hug and I hug back but pull away after a few seconds.

"Hey cheer up big Q. I'm alive. See?" I do a jazz hand gesture which causes him to laugh slightly.

"Big Q huh? I like it." He replies, taking a liking to my new nickname for him. I grip the reins of Striker and walk him over to the gates of Manburg. Quackity walks beside me, staring at me from the side.

"Take a picture Quackity, it'll last longer." I laugh a little, shaking him out of his trance. "No, it's just... I don't get it?" He says more like a question and I gesture for him to carry on.

"It's like you were immune to the creeper or something. No one has ever survived a creeper explosion like that or at least come out unharmed. You don't even have a single scratch on you!" He exclaims.

I sigh, "Quackity, if I had an explanation for you, I'd give you one. I can't exactly talk to anyone about it. I mean, I could ask my dad but... he's not exactly here right now."

Quackity carries on walking beside me but chooses to say nothing.

Once we make our way to the stables, I settle the horse back down and we leave, walking towards the presidential building.

"What the fuck is this? What time do you call this!?" Schlatt's voice booms as we make it back into the building. No sign of Tubbo anywhere. I hope he's okay.

Schlatt points a finger at Quackity and gestures to his office. "You, in my office now. I want a word."

He then proceeds to walk towards me, a glass of alcohol in his hands, his breath heavily scented with the same stuff in the glass.

"I've been meaning to talk to you Y/N. A lot of people have an interest in you sweetheart. Dream came to me whilst you were out. Tried to bargain for you to be on his team." I take a step back and say nothing, waiting for him to continue.

"I said no of course. Do you know why Y/N?" He asks, backing me up into a wall, placing his arm beside my head. If this bitch didn't have one over on me, I'd kick his arse right here right now. No exceptions.

Except I can't risk him doing anything to my brothers or Tubbo. Or Quackity for that matter.

"I've taken a liking to you too."

His face inches towards mine and I try to back away. Quackity peers out of Schlatt's office and sees me. I give him a look which begs for help.

Quackity clears his throat and Schlatt stops. Oh thank the holy lands!

"Oh right. Quackity, a word." Schlatt says, walking into his office with Quackity.

He saved me. I wasn't in immediate trouble but he still saved me.

I let out a breath of relief, walking back to my new room. Schlatt wanted me to stay in the room in this building even though I'd rather go back to my original home. As my feet take me in the direction of my room, my mind ponders on what Schlatt told me before.

Why did Dream want me on his side? I mean, I know I'm one of the best fighters around here but why couldn't he ask someone else? What about my other older brother? Couldn't he just find him?

As I arrive at my room, I lock the door and look at the clock. We were gone for longer than I expected. I shrug it off, changing into my pyjamas and getting ready for bed.

Eventually, I feel myself drift into a deep sleep.

I wake up in a worn down wooden house, dust particles flowing around me. Just like before, hushed voices come from another room.

"Take care of her." A man says, handing over a young child with H/C hair to a man with blonde hair.

I analyse the two men. The blonde haired male has his back to me so I can't see his face. The other man however, looks to be... part creeper?

The blonde haired man takes the small child towards the door of the house and I follow him. The man places a white and green hat on his head.

Wait.

I've seen that hat before. Is that... dad?!

The man walks away with the child as the creeper-like male waves from the doorway, a tear falling down his face, landing in a small puddle if water as it starts to rain.

I run over to the blonde haired male and the child as they turn to face the mad in the doorway one last time.

The child looks down into another small puddle and I look down too. As I look down, I see two reflections.

Two reflections of myself.

I look back up at what looks to be a clone of me, the blonde haired male I now recognize to be Philza, my father, stood behind the other version of me.

"I'm just like you."

My eyes open and I clutch my bed sheets.

What. The. Fuck.