Chapter 15

Surrounding me are the sounds of gentle dripping of water droplets hitting the stone floor. The slight sound of blowing wind in the distance along with a few distant shouts. Probably from people back in Manburg trying to find us.

I pry my eyes open, squinting as a splitting headache hits me. I groan in pain, looking around me and admiring the boring cave-like surrounding.

I look to my left to see Quackity sat in a chair. He had his head on the bed next to me, soft snores leaving his mouth as he sleeps.

But what draws my attention most is my hand in his.

He gently holds my hand in his sleep and I smile at him, trying to move. As I do, an excruciating pain shoots through my body and I let out a short hissing noise.

"Y/N?..." Quackity stirs awake and I try to muster up enough energy to let out a smile.

"Hey Big Q. You miss me?" I let out a raspy laugh, my voice hoarse.

Quackity quickly pulls me in for a hug but makes sure to be gentle, not wanting to hurt me or re-open any wounds.

"You've been asleep for almost two days! Of course I missed you." He tells me. It's fully understandable that I was asleep for that long. It was due to the mix of not sleeping much and my body trying to recover from the 'incident' back at Manburg.

"Well I'm awake now. I'm still in a bit of pain but I can handle it." I tell him as he hands me an instant healing potion to drink.

"Here Y/N, drink it. The others said you should rest and heal naturally a bit before drinking this. It should almost fully heal you within the hour of drinking it." He assures me as I take the cork out the bottle.

I feel the liquid enter my body as I down the potion in one quick chug. It tastes like shit and smells like cat piss but it will be good for me in the long run.

"Thank you... for everything." I sigh, laying back down as Quackity smiles at me, still unaware of holding my hand.

But then he looks down. He blushes slightly but doesn't really try to hide it. Instead, he leans in towards me and I try to do the same. We close our eyes, only one inch apart-

"Y/N! Thank god you're okay!" A voice yells as they enter the room.

Quackity swiftly jumps away from me and we try to act natural.

"Oh... am I interrupting something?" Tubbo sheepishly asks, looking between Quackity and I.

"Uhm... no. You're okay." I awkwardly cough as Tubbo shrugs it off, coming to sit by my bed. Shortly after, another voice echoes through the room.

"You're an idiot Y/N!"

"Bloody hell, it's nice to see you too Tommy. It's not like I almost died or anything." I sarcastically fire back at my brother. He huffs and slumps in a chair next to Tubbo.

"How you feeling Y/N? Any better?" Tubbo asks and I nod my head. I feel the healing potion kicking in as the pain slowly fades away.

I look down at the many bandages which cover my body and I feel the wounds underneath start to tingle.

"Yep, it's definitely working." I shiver, not used to the feeling of the rapidly healing wounds.

We all sit in silence for a while. Awkward glances are shared between everyone. Tubbo gives me a few smiles. Quackity makes eye contact a few times but blushes and looks away, causing Tommy to give him a look of both disgust and one that tells him to back off.

"So... how's Wilbur?" My question echoes through the room. No one looks like they want to say anything at all.

"He's not good Y/N. If you thought he went mad before, he's even worse. He's completely insane." Tommy tells me and I let out a sigh.

I remember my dream once again. Wilbur was insane and Tommy looked... dead.

"Can I talk to him? Alone?" I ask as the three of them look sceptical. Eventually all agreeing.

Tommy and Tubbo leave to get Wilbur but Quackity stays for a moment. I give him a smile and grip his hand, pulling him down to me, quickly giving him a kiss on the cheek.

His eyes widen and he looks completely shocked. He lifts his hand up to his cheek, leaving it there for a moment whilst looking completely bewildered.

I let out a small laugh and smile his way. I know I've never been one for all this happy kind of shit but this feels kind of nice for a change.

Quackity eventually leaves the room, still not removing his hand from his cheek.

Now I'm left in complete silence. I lay alone on the plain white bed as I focus on the ceiling. Each of my dreams clouding my mind once again.

What did they even mean? Is Wilbur going to stay insane? Is Philza even my father? Is this even my family?

Is Tommy going to die?

I push away the sick feeling. He's not gonna die. I'll make sure to protect him with my life. Just like always.

I sigh and rub my eyes, trying to shake away the tiredness. Now is not the time to sleep.

I sit in silence listening to dripping water and the ticking of a small clock hung on the opposite wall.

Eventually, I hear a single pair of footsteps coming towards my room, stopping in the doorway. I look up to see a familiar face in the doorway, his brown tattered trench coat blowing slightly from the cold draft of wind.

"Hello Y/N. Did you miss me?"