Chapter 43

As I walk away to gather supplies, I hear a few arguments break out in the distance but I choose to ignore it. There has been enough fighting for one day.

I walk down the prime path and spot Tommy staring at the front of his house. I quietly walk over to him, standing by his side.

"It feels good to not be exiled anymore. I'm glad I'm back." He says, still not taking his eyes off his house.

"I bet." There is a long pause between us. I feel a rush of guilt from my words earlier.

"Tommy I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you and if I could take it back, I would." I turn to him and he simply gives me a small smile.

"I know. I'm sorry too. Technoblade told me that you weren't really related to me but I don't care. You're still family to me. And I'm sorry that I said the discs were worth more than you. That was a stupid lie." Tommy laughs a deflated laugh and I smile, punching him lightly in the shoulder.

"I know Tommy. I know... I need to get going. I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" I smile, taking a few steps back.

"See you tomorrow."

We jokingly raise both our hands and give each other a salute before he enters his home. I however, walk back towards L'manburg into mine and Quackity's house.

I walk upstairs, opening my chests to look for valuables or things that could help win the war.

Downstairs, I hear the door open and I rush downstairs to find an out of breath Quackity.

"Have you been running?" I laugh at him and he gives me a sarcastic look.

"What does it look like dumbass. I came to talk to you about something important." He slows down his breathing and looks at me with a serious look.

"Shoot."

"I'm no longer a part of L'manburg."

What?

"You're not being serious right?" I grab his hand and he nods his head.

"I am. Y/N L'manburg is falling. No matter how many times we fight and win, we will never truly stop fighting for this nation. It's not a good way to live so I no longer want to be a part of it. I want to have something where I know we will be safe."

"But you're still gonna fight with us, right?" I ask, hopeful that he'll give it one more shot.

"I will be assisting you with the war. But whatever happens to L'manburg isn't my problem anymore." He tells me and I nod.

"I... I think I might come with you too." I speak up and he looks shocked for a moment until I explain my reasoning.

"I was one of the founders of L'manburg. I've lived here since the beginning and nothing good has ever happened here. I'm sick of living in fear and I want something more."

He begins to give me a grin and he grips my hands tightly in his.

"Quackity what if we made our own country. We could rule the place without a care in the world." I laugh at the idea, wanting nothing more than to live in peace with the one I truly love the most.

"We could have a large fountain in the middle and monuments." Quackity smiles and I get more excited the more we talk about it. I gasp getting a brilliant idea.

"We could have a casino!"

Quackity rapidly nods, loving the idea of a casino. That would honestly be such a great idea.

"What if we called it... Las Nevadas? Has a nice ring to it don't you think?" Quackity suggests the idea and I smile so wide that my face starts hurting.

"Las Nevadas... I like it. Our new soon to be built country will hence forth be known as Las Nevadas!" I announce with joy.

"So what now?"

"Well I was about to organise all my things for tomorrow until you came home." I roll my eyes, walking back over to my chests.

"Are you saying I'm a distraction?" Quackity smirks and leans on the door frame.

I admire him for a moment, my face turning a little red. His dark hair poking out fron under his beanie as he raises an eyebrow.

"Stop!" I laugh and he walks over to me slowly, the wooden floorboards creaking as he makes his way over to me.

"Quackity what are you doing?" I laugh as he tries to act serious.

"I'm not doing anything mi amor." He says in a teasing tone.

"Well stop." I laugh again as he stops inches away from my face.

"Make me."

I pull him towards my by his collar, pressing my lips against his. Just like every other time, I feel his arms wrap around me as I get butterflies. But this time, he seems more passionate. Desperate even.

We continue for another minute or so until he backs me into a wall, pressing his arm beside my head.

However, I feel my head hit the wall which causes him to pull away.

"Oh fuck, Y/N I'm sorry." Quackity apologises and I can't help but laugh at him due to the look on his face.

"Quackity I swear to god you always ruin the moment don't you?" I ask and he backs away.

"Hey, you're the clumsy one who hit your head on the wall!"

"Well you were the one who pinned me against it!" I defent myself and he holds his hands up in surrender.

"Whatever you say... gorgeous."

He laughs and walks away, leaving me to stay dead silent by myself in the room. My jaw hangs open and I shake my head slightly at him, despite him already leaving the room.

"That little shit."