Chapter 66

"So if we get the revival book, we revive you and in return, you work for us?" Quackity makes a compromise with Glatt who smirks.

"Quackity, I need to speak with you." I scowl at him, leading him away from Glatt. He pulls his arm out of my grip and turns around to face me.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You're not gonna bring him back to life." I whisper yell, completely against the idea. Does he not remember what happened in Manburg?

"He can work for us Y/N. We can get our own back on him. Besides, if we have the revival book, we no longer need Dream. Don't you want revenge Y/N?!" He snaps back at me and I look back at Glatt who stands there with a smirk on his face, weights in his hands.

"Of course I want revenge but this isn't the right way! I want nothing to do with Schlatt! Dead or alive!" I start to raise my voice, not caring if Glatt hears at all.

"Well I do! We need that revival book! Then we can use Schlatt. I'm getting that book with or without your help!" Quackity yells at me and I'm taken back.

He has never raised his voice. Schlatt once corrupted his mind and he's trying it again.

"Fine. But don't expect me to help. I want nothing to do with it." I turn away from him, leaving him with a face of regret from his own words.

I feel him lean over to grip my wrist but I pull it away quickly.

"Y/N..."

"I'm sorry Quackity... But you're on your own for this one." I continue my walk away from him, reaching the surface once again.

The storm still rages on around me, the rain hitting my face, drenching my clothes from head to toe.

I walk. Mindlessly. Feeling myself moving but having no control. Despite me being able to breathe, I somehow feel like I'm 50 feet under the ocean with no means of escape.

I keep walking.

I keep walking.

I stop.

I raise my head to see where my mind subconsciously brought me. I stare out into the one place I never wished to visit ever again.

I look around at the mess of land which was once L'manburg, all the memories hitting me like a derailed train.

I walk along the glass which was covering the death hole, preventing any more death from occurring.

Suddenly, an arrow flies past my head, barely missing me. I take out my sword, turning to face an aggravated skeleton with its bow raised. I swing my sword, taking it down in one swift motion.

As it crashes to the floor in a pile of bones, I grip my sword tightly. I hold it to my chest as I clutch it tighter and tighter, the hilt in one hand, the blade in the other.

I feel the sharp blade cut open my hand as I let it drip, my knees hitting the glass as I fall.

The rain mixes with my blood, reminding me of how useless I was. How useless I am.

I cry out in mental agony, raising my sword as high as possible, aiming my sword for the sky and swinging my arm. Then I let go.

The sword is sent soaring into the distance out of reach from me. I watch as it disappears in the distance and I feel myself letting go of myself.

My blood drips the the floor and rain coats my hair.

I'm sick of being the one that always tries to help. I'm tired of only being treated like a warrior. I'm done with being the person who shows weakness.

Maybe I should be more like Wilbur. Oh if only he was here right now. He would know what to do.

He was insane. A madman if you will. Possibly even a bad guy. But what's fun when you're the good guy? Why not be both? Why not help on occasion but cause a little mayhem?

I feel myself smiling at the thoughts bringing my hand up to run through my hair, my hand stinging as I do so but I ignore the pain.

Evil and Kindness. Maybe both.

"Y/N!! There you are. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I fucked up." Quackity runs towards me in the rain, shouting over all the noise of water hitting the glass cover over the death hole beneath me.

"You did. But that's okay. Just know that I'm not bringing Schlatt back to life. You're on your own with that one." I tell him and he nods, helping me off the floor.

"I understand Y/N. I know it could be dangerous but we don't know that yet... but I'm going to see Dream tomorrow. I'm getting that book one way or another." Quackity raises his head and I nod.

"You know what? I think I'll help you with that one. I mean, the last time I payed little old Dream a visit, I probably left a mental scar on him. I'd love to see the scared look on his face again." I smirk with a dark laugh.

Quackity kisses me passionately as I pull him towards me by the black braces on his shirt. The rain falls around us, creating a relaxing yet dark atmosphere.

When we pull away, I hear Quackity laugh a little bit under his breath.

"What was that for?" I smirk and he shrugs.

"I like this side of you. I mean, don't get me wrong, you've always been... you know what I mean. But you're so badass. You're so... wow." He says, completely lost for words, making me smile.

I begin walking away from the destroyed land beneath me and back to the prime path but stop once I notice my boyfriend isn't following me.

"Well? You coming?" I turn around and he rapidly nods, catching up to me.

Dream better be ready for tomorrow. Because I'm bringing a storm.