Chapter 28

After a short walk, George, Karl and I make our way over to L'manburg. The small nation is surrounded by a obsidian wall.

"Dream? Did you build this?" George asks as the man in the mask slowly struts his way over to us. "They ruined your house George. I decided to take matters into my own hands."

He looks between the three of us but stops when he sees me.

"Y/N! Welcome back to the land of the living. I hope you enjoyed your time in the afterlife." Dream says in a bittersweet tone, a slight smirk on his face as his mask rises a little bit.

I take a step away from him, knowing I'm currently defenceless but he just holds his hands up in defence.

"I'm not gonna kill you if that's what you think. I just need to... talk." He places a hand on my back, leading me away from Karl and George who wall over the the obsidian walls.

"So I bet you're wondering why you're here?" He questions as I give him a death glare. He laughs and lightly shoves my shoulder. "Lighten up Y/N. Don't be so sour all the time."

"I'm not sour. Now tell me what you want from me."

He looks over at the ruckus being caused near the obsidian wall as members of L'manburg stand talking to Karl and George.

"I want at least a bit if gratitude from you. Even just a little thank you maybe?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What do I have to thank you for? You've done nothing but bring everyone pain and suffering you insufferable green bastard." I point my finger at his chest and he sarcastically laughs, knowing he has the upper hand.

"Y/N... don't you get it? I'm the one who brought you back!" He pats my back and turns me to face L'manburg as we begin a slow walk over there.

"Wha- what!? How? That's impossible."

"Have you ever heard of the revival book?"

I stop for a moment. I heard past rumours of the book but I always thought they were just rumours. Folk tales and myths.

"Well," he continues as we begin walking again, "that's how I brought you back. I used the revival book. I figured it wasn't your time to die." He shrugs, walking over to the obsidian walls, leaving me behind.

Wasn't my time to die? I think I'd rather stay dead than owe him my life.

I run after him, standing by his and George's side as we face the citizens of L'manburg. I make immediate eye contact with Quackity who has mixed emotions. He sees Dream place a hand on my shoulder and an unreadable look appears on his face.

When I shrug away Dream's hand, Quackity looks back at me. He gives me a look. A look as if he is starting to believe I'm real. That I'm alive. Which I am.

"Tubbo! Can I please have a word?" Dream asks the president of L'manburg, taking him to the side, along with George. I stand in my same spot as everyone follows them off to the side.

All except Quackity.

"Hey Quackity." I offer him a sad smile as he walks over to me at an excruciatingly slow pace.

"Tell me one thing. If you are my Y/N... where did we spend most of our alone time together? What did we do?" He asks and I smile at the fond memories.

"We always went to the tree. The large oak tree in the field of flowers where we would watch the sunset on the east side of the land. All the time we spent there before the war. I remember it all. I remember you."

His eyes widen as he stops inches away from me. I feel his hot breath fan out across my face as he lifts his right hand, placing it against my cheek, rubbing away a tear with I didn't know was running down my cheek.

"It is you... mi amor."

He pulls me in and smashes his soft lips against mine with such a passion that no one else could comprehend. The desperation of the kiss making my heart flutter as we stand out in the open with not a care in the world.

We pull away, staring at each other with huge smiles on our faces.

"I can't believe you're back! It's you! It's actually you. But... you died." A wash of sadness washes over him but he shakes it off when I press a kiss to his cheek, moving a bit of stray hair from under his blue beanie.

"Yeah... about that. I got revived. Dream revived me. He thinks I owe him a thanks or something. It wasn't my choice to come back so by right, I don't owe him shit." I laugh as Quackity laughs along with me.

"That's my girl."

We go to lean in once again but a voice calls us over.

"Quackity, Y/N! Come over here! We're going to the court house." President Tubbo calls out to us as the large group heads over to the court.

I spot a bunch of familiar faces but one I haven't seen before. He was tall. Very tall. He had half black and white hair as well as skin. There is a few purple particles floating around him.

"Hey bitch!" I hear a loud voice shout next to me, startling me.

"Tommy!"

I pull him in for a hug but then remember what Phil told me. He may not be my brother by blood, but he is by family.

"I'm gone for two months or so and you still manage to get yourself in trouble." I rill my eyes at him and he pouts.

"It wasn't me! I didn't do a thing!" He throws his arms up as we continue to walk over to the court house.

I could see the look in his eyes. I've been around him long enough to know when he's lying. He's definitely not telling the truth right now.

But I'll let it slide. He is my brother after all.