Chapter 81

Ranboo and Tubbo stare at me with wide eyes, looking back and forth between each other and myself.

"Mind telling me what you're building here that has to be kept away from Quackity?" I fold my arms, raising my eyebrows at the two of them.

Alistair leaves my side, brushing past Ranboo who stiffens as the wolf goes near him.

"Don't worry about him. He won't hurt you... unless I ask him to." I smirk at the two of them as their expressions change to ones of pure fear.

After a few moments, I burst out laughing.

"Oh my god! You should have seen your faces! I'm kidding." I give them a soft smile of reassurance as Tubbo let's out a small sigh of relief.

Alistair begins sniffing at one of the chests in the corner of the room, trying to get into it.

"Mind if I see what's inside?" I ask Tubbo since he's basically the one who I assume started this place.

He nods, signaling me to open the chest and I do. Inside is a bunch of building materials and... cookies?

"Okay, you still haven't told me what this place is."

"It's a uh... cookie castle." Tubbo tells me and I nod my head. There doesn't seem to be anything here that would be of danger to Las Nevadas.

"Okay." I smile, turning to leave as Alistair rushes by my side.

"Wait!"

Tubbo pulls me back by my sleeve, stopping me from leaving.

"You can't tell Quackity about this. Please." He pleads and my heart aches for the poor boy.

"Why not? It's not going to be a place that could harm Las Nevadas is it?" I stare at him and Ranboo suspiciously. Ranboo shakes his head as Tubbo does the same.

"No! Of course not. But if Quackity finds out about this place, he'll tear it down." Tubbo frowns and I place a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Alright. I won't tell Quackity about this place. But if he finds ot on his own, you have to know that I can't stop him from doing anything." I give the pair a small apologetic smile.

"Thank you Y/N."

I give them a small smile as I leave the building, making my way down the cobblestone stairs.

As I walk through the woods, I pick up a stick, throwing it in the distance for Alistair to go fetch. He immediately darts off after it, bringing it back in his mouth.

I throw it again as he goes after it once more.

We continue our journey through the spruce woods but I can't help but feel like someone is watching us. Specifically me.

I keep walking, facing straight ahead, feeling a presence behind me. I slowly reach my hand for my sword, turning to face my stalker and placing my sword to their neck.

"Hello Wilbur." I snarl, taking my sword away from his back but keeping it in my hand.

"I see you're still a fighter just like you were for L'manburg." He takes a hit from his cigarette, blowing it towards me.

"Do not speak of that place! Not around here. That place is long gone. Now, what's so important about me that you're stalking me in the woods?" I scowl at him but he just laughs.

"You really are the same as you were when we were kids. All the time Techno spent training you. All the time you spent trying to learn guitar with me..." Wilbur laughs once again, no real emotion in his voice.

I raise my sword past his face, cutting off a small piece of the white at the front of his hair.

"Listen to me you arrogant, egotistical prick! I've had enough of your mind games. So you either tell me what you want from me, or crawl back into the hole where you came from. What will it be?... Brother." I grit my teeth when calling him that.

"Well in fact, I just came to give you an offer. I'd like you to join Tommy and I." He smirks, lifting the cigarette to his lips again.

"Join you? Ha! That's the last thing I'd want to do after what happened to L'manburg. And what do you want with Tommy? Whatever you're doing, you better not drag him down with you just like you did to all of us before." I warn him but all he does is hold his hands up in defense.

"It doesn't matter. Are you in or not?" He drops the cigarette to the floor, putting out the fire so it doesn't spread.

"No! Of course I'm not! I have a home in Las Nevadas where I'm happy with Quackity! I will NEVER join you." I spit, walking away from him, Alistair following behind me after growling at Wilbur.

"Ahhh yes. The boyfriend." He laughs like a lunatic, reminding me of the time when we were living in Pogtopia.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on him Wilbur! If I find out you've hurt him in any way, I will not hesitate to kill you. No mercy." I point my sword at him, making him step back.

Let this be his warning not to mess with Las Nevadas.

He only gives me a smile, stepping back before turning to walk away, his long and tattered brown coat blowing in the wind.

The rain begins to slightly drop from the sky as Alistair and I sprint all the way back to Las Nevadas, making our way up to the penthouse where Quackity is sat drinking a glass of... something.

"You're back! What took you so long mi amor?" He makes his way over to me, giving me a kiss and enveloping me in a warm embrace.

"I took a detour. Alistair wanted to play fetch." I give him a small smile. He nods his head, obviously believing my lie.

I hate lying to him but I made a promise to Tubbo and Ranboo. I don't even want to tell him about Wilbur.

I just want to keep him safe.