Chapter 102

"Love, I'm going to take Alistair out to the woods again. Would you like to come?" I ask but Quackity politely refuses.

"I would've loved to but I told Tubbo I'd look after Michael again whilst he's at work. I'm sorry mi amor." He says but I just smile.

"That's fine by me. As long as you don't get into too much trouble." I playfully poke him in the chest.

He raises his hands up in surrender, joking back at me.

"Don't worry about us Y/N. We're gonna be fine." He kisses the top of my head as Alistair wonders by my side.

We rush into the woods as I throw a large stick for him. He goes chasing after it, returning it to me for me to throw it again.

Every time I come into the woods, I can't help but feel like I'm being watched. As if the trees have eyes and are waiting to make a move and use their roots to pull me into the ground.

The cool breeze sends a shiver down my spine, spreading goosebumps all over my arms.

"Alistair!" I call out for him but he's nowhere in sight.

"Alistair, where are you?" I call out again and he comes running over to me with the stick in his mouth.

"Oh god. I thought something happened to you. Don't scare me like that." I sigh, picking up the stick to throw it again.

But before I get the chance to, Alistair goes running off in the direction of the cliff which overlooks Las Nevadas.

"Hey! Alistair, come back here!" I yell whilst running full speed towards him as he continues to fun away.

I stop at the edge of the cliff, staring down at the water below.

"Hey buddy, what's the matter? Why'd you run off like that?" I ask but instead of looking at me, he looks past me, snarling his teeth.

I turn around to look behind me seeing Ranboo staring directly at me, no emotion on his face. His eyes are slightly tinted purple rather than the usual green and red.

I remember Charlie telling me about this. He said people call it his enderwalk state. So right now, he has no control over his actions.

My eyes flick from his purple eyes to the netherite axe in his hand as he grips it tight.

"Ranboo?" I ask, trying to tread carefully and not piss him off. But he just continues to stare and Alistair growls even louder.

But as soon as Ranboo makes eye contact with the wolf, the grey animal is sent running away from me back towards Las Nevadas, leaving me and Ranboo alone on the cliff side.

"Ranboo it's me, Y/N. Remember?" I hold my hands up to show him that I mean no harm. I then gently lower them to reach for my sword, only to remember that I left it back home.

"Shit."

Ranboo continues to stare at me and begins speaking in an unknown language to me. Probably the language of an enderman.

"Ranboo, you have to stop. Okay?" I say softly but it doesn't stop him.

He begins slowly walking over to me, taking one slow step at at time. He continues to speak the same language as before, backing me up further towards the edge of the cliff.

"Please. Ranboo stop!" I yell trying to get through to him for the last time. Instead, he swings down his axe and I roll out of the way to dodge it, the axe hitting a nearby tree.

Ranboo prys it from the wood and turns to me again with his glowing purple eyes.

"What the fuck- stop!" I move out of the way once again as he tries to land a hit on my arm. The boy has no control of his own movements. It's like he's in the mindset of someone else.

He swings the axe at me again, this time I'm not paying much attention, getting hit on the shoulder. I manage to move away just before the axe is fully lodged into my shoulder but the weapon leaves a large wound where it hit.

I hiss out in pain, clutching my shoulder as crimson blood begins slipping through my fingers.

"Ranboo. You don't have to do this. Put the axe down and we can talk." I say to the boy but know full well that he can't control himself.

He opens his mouth to speak once again.

"⟟⏁'⌇ ⋏⍜⏁ ⋔⊬ ⎎⏃⎍⌰⏁"

I try to run past him as quickly as possible, dodging another hit from his axe. I nearly manage to make it away safely until I feel something grip at my wrist.

Ranboo grips my wrist tightly, pulling me backwards. But instead of attacking, he throws me towards the cliff edge.

Before I can grip onto anything, I fall off.

I feel myself falling, the salt water air brushing past me as I make my decent down the large cliff. My legs and arms go limp as I know there is nothing I can do.

I never got to say goodbye to Quackity or Tommy or Tubbo. No one. Now I have to die alone, knowing that no one knew where I went or if I died.

I feel my back slam against the freezing water below me and it sends a shock wave through my whole body. The water is too cold for me to think or move.

So I let myself sink.

The sunlight above the water gets further and further away as my body descends further into the ocean.

My oxygen begins running out as the last of the bubbles float away from me, up to the surface.

The salty water begins to fill my lungs and I feel myself slipping in and out of darkness, spots clouding my vision.

I become tired of trying to fight it as my vision blurs. My eyes close but just before they do, I see the faint outline of a tail and bright orange hair.

Then everything is peaceful.